1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Evidence that Hakeem and Akeem whipped Jordan's Bulls

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Duh, because everyone is on MJ’s peter. Just like folks don’t seem to recall that MJ started playing ball in 84/85, not 1991. Just like folks don’t seem to recall MJ never had a winning record without Scottie. Just like folks don’t seem to recall that team won 50+ games without Mike. Just like folks don’t seem to recall the record-setting 96/97 Bulls not only had a “fully rested” MJ but they also got Dennis Rodman, the perfect PF for their system and a HOF talent, for nothing (similar to the Gasol gift to LA this season).

This all leads to the “If MJ didn’t retire the Rox don’t win…MJ’s will is greater than all others (even though he got his ass handed to him until his help stepped their games up…etc”. Jordan hasn’t done anything on the court that others before him didn’t do. He hasn’t won the most. He doesn’t have the most records. He didn’t win with the least amount of help. I could go on and on. Yes, he does belong in the GOAT convo and I honestly have no problem with someone calling him the GOAT. What I have an issue with is folks issuing all these disclaimers for him that don’t exist for others in that conversation. Do you hear the titles after Magic retired don’t count? Or after Russell laid it down? Etc….

2. Icehouse

So why didn’t he win from 85-90? He won his first MVP award in what, 1987..the same year he won DPOY so he was arguably the best player in all of basketball at that time?

Simple questions really……

This is purely hypothetical, but considering that the Knicks with Ewing or the Pacers with Smits were able to take the Bulls to seven games in a series, I would put my money on Olajuwon taking both those teams past Chicago since he was clearly better on both sides of the ball than their two centers, and like Jordan, a beast come crunch time. Especially that Pacers team. You will give Dream a legit PG (Jackson), shooters (Mullin and Miller) and some defensive PF’s (the Davis boys)…and matchup him up against scrub centers that the Bulls had?

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Chicago Bulls fans would want Jerry36, Rockets fans certainly don't.

You're right, the Bulls fans just like the Rockets fans know that their hero didn't start playing in the 90s, they started in the 80s. And they had to pay their dues with new coaches, players, injuries to achieve championships. No REAL ROCKET FAN would say we stampeded our way to the finals, all those series were tough. That's the reward of knowing that you played your best and you won.

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I don't think anyone here that has defended Jordan said that our titles never counted. Just because they don't think the Rockets would have dominated the Bulls in the Finals means they are on MJs "peter". Fact is, we will never know what would have happened if they met in the Finals. Everything else is just speculation. Bulls didn't make it when our Rockets made the Finals and we never made it when the Bulls made the Finals.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

but they did play each other, in the 80s and 90s. its not like the next Guns N Roses album. It really did happen and people here don't respect or acknowledged what happened.

as long you as fools keep replying, my mission of educating fans who want to be complete Rocket fans is being accomplished. for every Bull jocker, I get like 10 more clutchfans being educated.

so when a clutchfan faces a bulls fan or lakers fan or celtics fan, he can hold his head high and speak with confidence.

when bulls fans says something about the 90s rockets, clutchfan can say 'we never met in the finals, but remember that 139 point drubbing we put on you guys in Chicago?;

when laker fans talks about about Magic, you can say 'well remember when Cooper was lying on the ground after game 5?'

also you can publicly read who are the true fans like Rowdie Brandon and Icehouse, those who can confidently call CLUTCHFANS.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Nobody is denying that the Rockets didn't play the Bulls in the regular season. Where did I or anyone say that? Oh and I'm not a Bulls fan, I'm a Michael Jordan fan.

Just because I've said positive things about Jordan does not make me less of a Rockets fan. I never once dissed the Rockets or talked down on them. All I did was defend Jordan when people are hating on him like he was some guy that just got lucky his entire career.

7. Icehouse

It’s fine to speculate but at least make your speculation realistic. Don’t feed me garbage about us not winning in 95 if MJ was “fully back” when they couldn’t even beat a team we swept. What other superstar get’s that kind of disclaimer? Fine, you want to say he wasn’t 100%...then please do the same for all the other contending teams playing with key injured, not 100% players.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm not pointing you out specifically.
    I'm a MJ fan too. I love that concert in Budapest and I love it when pulled out the Moonwalk at Appollo.

Who said Jordan got lucky? no one wins a championship on luck.
    its based on... TEAM and COACHING and PLAYER MOVES and other factors

for example, the Lakers were a dynasty until their best player got HIV. poof, end of dynasty.

for a Rockets fan, you certainly don't like to give praise to them for beating a team with the anointed best player of all time. Other people on hear read the articles and are surprised about how Otis Thrope dropping 30s on Grant, or how Sampson/Dream grabbed like 30 rebounds on them or when Maxwell got Jordan angry.

but I guess you are here to defend your idol, carry on. you are part of my plan to educate all.

9. Icehouse

MJ didn’t get lucky his whole career. But like every other star player that has a won a title since I have been alive and watching ball, he didn’t win jack until he got tons of help. He is great but he hasn’t done anything that others have not done. We can name players who won more. We can name players who scored more. We can name players who got more steals, or were better defenders overall. We can name players who were better dunkers. We can name players that had better complete games (as far as their skillsets and what they could/couldn’t do). And none of these dudes get these bogus disclaimers that I see when one mentions MJ. We just can’t name one of those players that came along in the middle of basketball and sports media/marketing blowing up which put everyone on one dude’s Peter and has lot’s of folks (not you per se) assuming he has done things that no one else has.

End of rant……..

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Let these Bulls fan go on the Laker board and ask them what if Magic didn't get HIV.
    or go on the Celtics board and ask what if Reggie Lewis didn't DIE.

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Actually, I can name one thing that Jordan has done and nobody else ever did. He is the oldest player (38) to score 50 points. :D

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ye-0ghhY7uw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ye-0ghhY7uw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

12. tinman

Supporting Member

MJ also brought all his famous friends for a great cause.
    together they helped Africa by recording

"We are the World".

13. Icehouse

Wonderful!!!! How far did they advance that season? :)

All in fun man....

14. Rowdie Brandon

this post makes a whole lot of sense............. :rolleyes:

15. Casper

Casper Member

or Len Bias for that matter

16. Rowdie Brandon

who is this magic johson and reggie lewis you foreigners speak of????................................................did u not know that on the 1st day in June of 1991 Michael Jordan said................................"now let there be basketball"???????? :eek:

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Why couldn't MJ get someone cool like Dominique or Spudd Webb to do this video?

I mean MJ is the best dancer and that other guy can't dance.
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A5WRvLjbsuE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A5WRvLjbsuE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

18. Rowdie Brandon

Personally I prefer that little white kid from home alone with MJ, than that other guy........................

[​IMG]

"aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww!!!!"

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

I agree.

Tinman, you ROCK!

20. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

What if Vernon never got herpes?