1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Evidence that Hakeem and Akeem whipped Jordan's Bulls

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Amazing. Did somebody just drop some Michael Jackson knowledge in a basketball thread? I won't even bother trying to argue with tinman anymore. That post was off the wall, and I'm not arguing with a fellow smooth criminal. So go ahead, say say say and do what you do. :D

2. MaxwellsTemper

Pretty solid post tinman. It makes you wonder what kind of pub Hakeem and Akeem would have gotten had he played in NY or LA rather than Houston. I guess we'll never know, but Houston always knew he was a stud, I'm not sure if the rest of the country knew about his star-power before the Finals.

3. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

My bad, I thought you were talking about the year after he retired.

4. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

When Jordan came back in 95, he was nowhere near his playing ability. You know what happen in 96 don't you?

5. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I know what happened, do you?

[​IMG]

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unlike the Yao situation, which is different (Yao getting the pub cause he's from a huge country). Dream's publicity would significantly increase if he were in LA or New York. That would have changed NBA History.

Replace Kareem with Akeem, Replace Ewing with the MVP Hakeem.

The Lakers were a fast break team, and Akeem was significantly quicker and younger than Kareem at that point in his career.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

sure you did
    [​IMG]

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

No, MJ does not suck. He is in the GOAT convo. But like every other star player, he won when he had help and lost when he didn't. 1995 was one of the years where he didn't (NO BIG MAN) and folks keep ignoring that. Folks act MJ drug a team of scrubs to 6 titles, when that team was still very dolid without him...and 1995 proved that.

9. Icehouse

They don't but what else do you have to gon on, but regular season games and potential match-ups???. You can't base opinions on those but it's cool to go with garbage like "MJ had such a will to win, etc, the Bulls never lost in the Finals, etc"?

10. Icehouse

What is your rationale for syaing he was no where near his playing ability, considering that he posted better numbers in the 95 playoffs than in the second 3-peat?

Even if we assume he was not (and please explain why even with better numbers), take MJ at his ultimate peak and put him on that 95 Bulls team. Do they win with no PF? Please show me one NBA champion from say, the past 3 decades, where the champion was lead in rebounding by their SF or SG? You can't win if you can't rebound and defend inside.

Considering that we are giving folks passes for not being at their peaks, should I invalidate the following champions, how about:

- The Laker titles in 87 and 88 because we mopped them with a healthy Hakeem and Ralph.
    - The Laker title in 88 because Isiah hurt his ankle in Game 6 and was not at is peak in Game 7.
    - The Bulls title in 91 because Worthy and Scott were injured and not at their peaks. Oh yeah, Kareem was retired and they had to play Divac so this is a double whammy, similar to MJ deciding to retire in 94…right?
    - The Bulls title in 96 because Drexler and Cassell got gimpy in the Sonic series and weren’t at full peak (we were the defending champs after all).
    - The Spurs title in 99 because no one was at full peak in the strike season.
    - The Lakers title in 00 because Duncan missed the postseason.
    - The Lakers title in the year that D.Anderson got hurt in the postseason for SA, as the Spurs were without their SG and not at full-peak.

Need I go on???? We can make these BS excuses for every champion in league history. Rosters change year to year. Folks get hurt each season. Etc…

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Oh,
    The real Lord of the Rings in the modern era is RH..never lost in the NBA Finals

MJ was good too.... I really liked Thriller, Bad, Dangerous.. and that duet with Paul McCartney

7-0 > 6-0
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I agree. For the people that's so locked up on regular season victories. Go back to 92-93 Chicago Bulls. The Knicks won the regular season 3-1, lost in playoffs 4-2. Cleveland won the regular season 3-2, lost in playoffs 4-0. The Stakes are higher in the playoffs, no comparison to regular season folks. The Teams (Seattle,Utah) that stop the Rockets from getting back to the championship the bulls beat them. The Bulls didn't have no nemesis after they beat Detroit. The reason why Patrick Ewing don't have ring is because he was in the wrong conference playing against that guy name Michael Jordan.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Bull fans are gay
    get off Clutchfans today
    cause Robert Horry saved the Day!

You suckers are wrong
    when you smoke that gong
    you can play what ifs all day
    but that didn't change that they
    couldn't beat the Rockets with Robert Hor-ray!

Cause KRS said you must learn
    that the last 3 titles the Bulls needed the Worm
    But doesn't change a damn thing
    that the Rockets got their rings

Cause if you like the Bulls you are gay
    especially if you weren't old enough to watch them play
    Robert Horry saves the day!

14. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Did I hit a nerve to make you respond like this? I'm die heart rocket fan, I just know common sense. If you sit down and weigh the facts, the Bulls had more tougher battles than the rockets and that's the reason why their more mentally tougher. And they have the undefeated record in the finals to prove it.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Horry has an undefeated record in the finals to prove.

Die Hard Rocket fans don't fail to acknowledge their ACTUAL meetings with the Jordan Bulls.

You bleed red.. Chicago Bulls red.

16. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Nobody remember those regular season meetings but us Houston fans.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

its obvious you remember them by your conclusion that we'd lay down like road kill to them.

at least the real Bulls fans know acknowledge that the Dream gave them problems.. and oh, real Bulls fans remember that Jordan DID play in 1992 and that Knicks series went 7 games.

I respect the REAL Bulls fan. I don't think they would cowardly show up on a Rockets board either, but looks like i'm wrong.

#137 tinman, Feb 12, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  18. Rowdie Brandon

LMAO I'm still loving this thread

this right here says it all to me. The point tinman is trying to make (like so many other rockets fans, and people who REALLY know the game of basketball) is that it isn't far fetched to think that the rockets could've beat the Bulls. MJ did have a great will to win, but so has any other great player that has (or is) played the game. Therefore there shouldn't be any asterisks beside our titles.

19. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

A lot of basketball players say things like that when a certain player has a good game. Mike will tell you anything off the court, but when it's winning time he's ready to put a stake through your heart. If Hakeem was in the eastern conference he wouldn't have any titles either. I'm not just saying to be on Jordan jock. This guy is perhaps the greatest player of all time.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Oh spoken like a true Rockets fan.