1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Even Linda Cohn and SportsCenter Pointing out how crappy our Offense is.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by persian hoopa, Jan 27, 2003.

1. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

To all the Rudy apologists, if things haven't hit a new low, our crappy offense rightfullyt got slammed on SportsCenter. On the clip of our game they highlighted two times when Yao was wide open underneath the hoop while our idiot guards were dribbling the ball, turning it over, or jacking up another shot.

Linda Cohn was saying get Yao the damn ball. We must have the most selfish, stupid guards in NBA history. Ignoring a weapon like Yao just shows how undisciplined these guys are. I don't think Mooch, Cat, or Francis would pass to Hakeem in their prime. I hope Les is realizing what is going on and wises up and cans Rudy T no matter if we make the playoffs or not.

2. feishen

feishen Member

Even SC points out Rox not passing the ball to Yao

I know I shouldnt be whinning after a good win tonight. However, even the Sports Center morons pointed out that Rox not passing the ball to Ming. In its 1 min game highlight, it diagrammed how Ming was wide open and the guards drove on the play intead passing to him. Damn, I wish Rox did study the game tape.

3. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

The second of the highlighted plays was by far the worst i have ever seen. Not only did Steve ignore a wide open Yao, he jumped in the air to make a simple pass to Mobley (who else would he pass it to?) and he gets called for travelling. Thankfully, he didnt make as many mistakes down the stretch.

4. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Did the highlights show Yao missing layups and repeatedly getting rejected by Gasol right at the basket?

#4 WinkFan, Jan 27, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2003
  5. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

Did he "assist" a 3-pointer to Grizzly at the end of the game?

6. WinkFan

7. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Did Linda Cohn also mention the fact that she looks like a horse :mad: :cool: :eek:

8. carayip

carayip Member

That's not the point. Whenever a teammate is open, you should pass the ball to him even he's missed 10 shots in a row before that.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

LOL, yeah. But he did hit a tough shot to help seal the game. It was an ugly shot, off the backboard. Not exactly the type of play that will win the Rockets a lot of games, but it worked this time.

I can't believe even Sportscenter is getting into this. I guess it's not just "Steve and Cuttino haters." I have never seen anything like this, where all the fans and the media (both local national) are talking about how dumb a team is playing. At this level usually you don't get much of that...at least I think not...

10. feishen

feishen Member

What are you talking about????
    They should pass to whoever is open, Kato, TMo, MoT, Ming ...
    Geez.

11. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

I saw that. I think it's absolutely hilarious. They must read the BBS.

The Rockets guards are the Kordell Stewart of the NBA. They try to pass but they just can't.

As Machiavelli once said "Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great. " Machiavelli never met Cat.

12. walterw

walterw Member

That is a good point, which is called "trust".

13. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

I'm tired of these lame excuses! If somebody is open, pass them the damn ball, PERIOD. Especially if they are wide open underneath. Just no excuses for it..

14. WinkFan

So if Cato is all alone at the three point line, the Rockets should get him the ball, even if he misses ten in a row?

15. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

No, but they did show Steve Francis plethora of turnovers. 7 more tonight. League leader baby. Woohoo.

16. feishen

feishen Member

Wink, a 3 year old puts up better arguement than yours.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They showed that on Sportscenter? Man, they really like to pile on people when they have the chance. Honestly though, Steve is giving it to them on a silver platter. It always gets real ugly at the end.

18. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Yeah, me too. Does anyone else think that this is a good idea? Maybe we should make a poll? :rolleyes:

19. kobo

kobo Member

Only play1ers who will be the first to miss 10 in a row would either be Steve or Mobley...umm at the 3 pt line too. Wanna start a poll?

Dumb selfish street ballers. Sorry, we want pro-level! :(

20. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

What is Cato doing at the 3 point line? When you are open, you don't have shoot it right away, you can create for your teammates.