1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eurobasket 2015

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by malakas, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Pau vs. Pleiß/Dirk will be brutal.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

llull is clutch

3. malakas

malakas Member

Spain is very much one dimensional. Right now they look like the third best team in my opinion. Maybe they even lose vs one of the second tier teams like Croatia.

At least Hackett is fine after that nasty fall.

4. Badrose

Badrose Member

Let's go Italy! :grin:

5. malakas

malakas Member

Gentille again created trouble. He's such a hothead.
    Spain is about to lose lol.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

When Bellinelli gets hot he may as well be Wardell Curry.

7. malakas

malakas Member

That group is crazy. Serbia Italy and Turkey could all be the first seed. But Spain will not.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

So awesome to see these guys dominate on a different stage. it really gives you perspective on what their talents are and how they are appreciated by their countrymen.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

With Italy beating Spain, Germany basically has to win vs Italy and Spain now, welp.
    Hate that we brought in Gavel instead of Kaman, Gavel is looking like the worst player in the tournament and his jumpshot is the most broken thing I've seen in ages, abysmal bricks and constantly barely hitting the rim.
    Kaman's rebounding and inside scoring would've helped tremendously.

10. Raz

Raz Member

Another decision I don't understand. Gavel can be a good defender every now and then, but he's bricking around in a team that is already struggling with its outside shot.
    Fleming was a mistake from the beginning and just the next in line by this useless prick Ingo Weiss, who desperately needs to go. Menz, Mutapcic and Fleming make three terrible decisions in a row, while the best man available - Pesic - isn't allowed to coach the national team because of narrow-minded regulations Weiss is unwilling to void.
    Great job throwing away Nowitzki's last games and his chances to play the Olympics once more.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Turkey is being demolished by Serbia.

OT but I always like Slovenian jerseys. Perfect colour and the mountains signs..One of the best.

12. Egemen

Egemen Member

Serbia dominated us all game long. Our group is crazy tough. It is unfair tbh.

Btw my favourite player, Cedi Osman(95',Cleveland Draftee) is playing very good. He was great at clutch time against Germany and today he was our best player again.

13. malakas

malakas Member

Turkey has a very bright future. They have great youth teams and a great coach.

I'm so confused from group b.
    If I get it right, and lets take for granted that Turkey beats Iceland tomorrow..Turkey will be second or third, and Serbia will be first or second but Italy if they win Germany today can be only first or third...????

Btw which genius sheduled Italy Serbija at 14:30??? One of the best matches of the group stages at the worst possible slot?

I don't want either Serbija or Turkey vs Greece.:mad: I want Italy!

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Dis gun be gud...
    Expecting Belinelli and Gallinari to murder us.

15. malakas

malakas Member

I am expecting a very close match and possibly a german win.
    Italy hasn't any bench, doesn't have good guards or a true center and is not exactly a mentally strong team.

16. Egemen

Egemen Member

We have a very good 94',95',96' generations coming up. Right now Cedi is the brightest one but we have also Furkan Korkmaz which i think has a higher potential than Cedi. We will see how they develop.

Also you can see this link regarding the possibilities of our group.(assuming Iceland lose against us tomorrow)

https://instagram.com/p/7aVcxtNmdz/

1 person likes this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

was he at the U 18? He rings a bell..
    Great..so Spain is the most likely second place future opponent..:rolleyes: All these loses and still second most likely.

WOW Dirk with the flagrant foul.
    Someone start guarding Gentille...maybe?

18. Raz

Raz Member

Doubting our guys will finally understand, that they're not a jump shooting team. 3/10 from Three, why are you still trying?

19. Egemen

Egemen Member

Yeah, he played U18 and U19 this summer and he is in the national team right now.
    Anything can happen in our group so we need to wait and see.

Italy has so much offensive power but they don't have good system. It is like streetball tournament.

20. malakas

malakas Member

Germany was winning most of the first half with Italy shooting great. As soon as their shots stop falling Germany will have a chance again. They are dominating the boards. But if they gonna keep Dirk on the floor and have to suffer his defence they should feed him much more.
    Italy has horrible defence and system.

According to that link Egemen posted, if Italy loses today and tomorrow they will be left off. So they are playing for their survival right now like Germany.
    BTW Shroeder shows all the signs of a breaking out next season.