1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Support for Kevin McHale remains strong within the organization

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Apr 25, 2014.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Houston hasn't yet picked up Kevin McHale's option, but support remains strong. Story w/ <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine">@espnsteinline</a> <a href="http://t.co/BGtbrGSAuo">http://t.co/BGtbrGSAuo</a> via <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA">@espnnba</a></p>&mdash; Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) <a href="https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/statuses/459832555676528640">April 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

These are the things they say and the reports you hear before they sack you.

3. mig0s

mig0s Member

we're doomed.

4. Raven

Raven Member

Ha ha ha ha ha ha, yeah sure.

5. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Honestly it doesn't matter which coach we have. At the end of the day the players play the game. Dwight and Harden don't strike me as the most coachable people either. Harden hasn't had issues with his coaches, but Howard has.

1 person likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know why people are rating this thread since this just informational.

I believe the Lin fans don't like that word "mcHale" or any words that aren't 3 letters

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

McFail failed in game #1 by letting Harden shoot 3 when they're down by 1pt with 40secs. What kind of coach would do that?? When you have the best player in the league in Harden at drawing foul...why wouldn't you tell your superstar to attack the basket especially when the other team is in foul trouble? Why would you even entertain shooting 3?? What kind of ****in coaching is that?? That's not coaching...that's stupid. And when Harden never go to the line ONCE in the 1st Half of game #1....what kind of coaching is that?? Bullshyt. And why would you never even attempt to double team Aldridge AT ALL? OR fake double teaming or do something. How about zone defense?? Ever heard of that term? Bottom line is this coach is pathetic at coaching strategy. Did you see the Portland player attacking the basket when they're only down by 1pt?? They knew it's easy to draw foul and get to the line than shooting where the probably of a shot going in is not as great as getting free throws. Coaching is the reason we suck and failed to live up to our potential. McFail need to go~!! I dont' care how much the players like him.

1 person likes this.
  8. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

All we need to do is hire a defensive coordinator. The Thibs to our Doc Rivers. The Nate McMillan to our Frank Vogul. CLEARLY coach McHale does not know defensive adjustments.

9. JazzLakerHater

10. red32

red32 Member

McHale may have to play to keep his job. ;)

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I kind of believe it...we all know Parsons has a great relationship with him and Howard probably does too. Les is also very stubborn at times, so i could see him wanting McHale too...and this is a young team, so there's that...

However, i'm always puzzled by the thought of them "growing together"....Howard isn't young by NBA standards. The team needs to grow up quickly around him, there's no time to just let things develop at their own pace.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

Bye Kevin, not missed.

Of course they say that, what else would they say.

13. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Exactly, never a good sign.

14. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

Feels like political propaganda

15. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Les is truly nutty if this is true. Threw both Adelman and JVG under the bus and even tried to give Adelman an early pink slip, but somehow he’s in love with this joker?

1 person likes this.
  16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Did I miss the part where he admitted that he instructed Harden to shoot the three and not drive on that play?

Lots of legit things to bring up to detract from the job McHale has done, but that play right there wreaked of Harden just doing what he wanted. There is NO coach in that situation who informs their star to jack the three, not even McHale.

1 person likes this.
  17. JazzLakerHater

I knew his job wasn't in any jeopardy. It seems like the team, specifically Howard and Parsons, love the guy. I'm pretty sure the last thing Rockets want is instability in the coaching staff with Dwight Howard on the roster.

18. leejl01

leejl01 Member

Damn, I want jvg

1 person likes this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Two more loses and I'm sure they'll have a change of heart.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What's interesting is that I agree whole-heartedly with the premise of the article regarding the roster. It is a young team that was just assembled and there are major needs to be addressed with an offseason of full methods of acquisition available to Morey.

However, I don't feel like McHale is a positive factor for the team. I'd rather see a different coach grow with this team than McHale.