1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN Insider] Top 20 2nd Year Players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Arthurprescott2, Jan 2, 2013.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

Yeah, but you'd expect a fringe starter to to be lower than 10. And established starter as being less than 3rd. Usually there are at least several Steve Francis types who at least look good in their 2nd years where you can at least imagine stardom.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

No it's a shame he didn't. He at least made All-Rookie 2nd team.

3. Garner

Garner Member

He's been sidelined with injuries for a good chunk of the season.

4. Grigori

Grigori Member

Not so much in recent memory.

The only one that I can think of which may marginally qualify is maybe Morey's favorite year, but even that one is hugging the low end of "several": Griffin and Harden, then Stephen Curry and Rubio with enough undeserved hype...and...well...maybe Holiday, Lawson, and Evans to round out the non-marginal starters? Even that year you have to be pretty creative to round out the top ten without stretching the definition of "non-marginal" with a few special pairs of fetish fandom sunglasses.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Morris taking it to haters who called him "Busty" when he was down!

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Jimmer has actually shown something this season. He's improved defensively and his court vision has improved... Plus he can still shoot. Isaiah took a bit of a step back at the beginning of the season mainly because Smart doesn't know what the heck he's doing. He's playing more like himself now that Reke is out.

7. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Jammer spacing the floor for either Harden or Lin or both (small ball) would be crazy. Better than TD in that role, easily.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

this, never thought jimmers game was going to translate to the nba. I am mildly surprised that he's better than austin rivers lol. With that said, neither of them are any good. Isiah however, is just a really good version of john lucas III, all that hustle and movement but he actually gets constant results.

10. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

parsons is in a slump

M&M on the other hand, is on FIYAH!

11. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wasn't it you that made that Busty thread? Sarcasm meter broken.

13. Arthurprescott2

Yea completely - just my personal preference. Jimmer's making himself out to be a shooter in the limited minutes he does get (.452 overall, .421 3P%, .600 TS% :eek:). That said, TD is still shooting .421 from 3 and he brings some spark to the offense with his hustle and does defend fairly well. I haven't watched Jimmer enough to say much about his defense/court vision. He was so bad last year that it left quite an impression on my mind and 28 games isn't quite enough to make me change my mind. In his defense, thriving in Sacramento deserves props in any case.

Regarding Isaiah, he has stepped back a bit from last year but he showed me enough last year to say that he's gonna be pretty good.

14. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Not sure if serious, but Lin is technically 3rd year.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Remember when we were all trippin about Leonard and how we shouldve gotten him instead?

17. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Asik is good for one of those O_O plays a game!

18. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

oops...wrong thread :(

19. Dei

Dei Member

I do too. He has a lot of offensive moves. I wish we run more plays for him when Harden and Lin are getting shut down. At least, play him at SF.

20. dragonz

dragonz Member

Isaiah is a lesser Lin, and you can never expect Jimmer to pass the ball once it is in his hand.