1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you believe Jeremy and Omer "are going to be here"?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jocar, Jul 23, 2013.

?

Behind the scenes....

1. Asik is still being offered.

17.1%
  2. Lin is still being offered.

4.5%
  3. Morey's still making calls and both are actively being shopped.

49.2%
  4. Morey meant it. Both are officially of the table, and this squad rolls out next season.

29.2%
  1. jocar

jocar Member

What do you think is really going on behind the scenes? After what Morey has said and done in the past, do you think either of these guys are currently being shopped, regardless of his "assistant GM" tweet?

NBA Rumors: Rockets Thinking About Trading Jeremy Lin to Lakers, Bobcats or Pistons?

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/spor...-trading-jeremy-lin-lakers-bobcats-or-pistons

July 23, 2013 by: Alex Groberman

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Doubt either are being 'actively' shopped. Morey is always looking to upgrade, but he is by no means desperate to get rid of either. I don't like any of the poll options. Asik will be gone before his contract ends, but I think it'll be at least a year from now before he's gone.

3. Reach

Reach Member

I have no doubt that Morey is trying to unload Lin, but I seriously doubt that he can pull it off after Lin's disaster of a playoffs.

That being said, how reliable is Ingram?

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

About as reliable as Broussard's pet goldfish.

5. jayland

jayland Member

They are "going to be here" until they are not. GMs almost never admits to shopping a player that is on their active roster unless that player publicy stated they want a trade. You don't publicly say "we are looking to dump this player as quickly as possible".

However finding another team willing to take on Lin's massive salary or getting something close to equal value in a trade for Asik may be hard.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Opposing views?
    Bill Ingram?
    2 weeks old?

[​IMG]

I expect better from you jocar!

Stick to gifs. :p

2 people like this.
  7. jocar

jocar Member

Lol, I was just curious to see what % of CFers thought what. I'm not sure, myself

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Of the table, by the table, for the table.

1 person likes this.
  9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Of course they can be shopped and are available in the right deal. But if a deal has not been struck yet after a busy trading season (draft day and early free agency) when trade talks happen, what is going to happen between now and, say, the start of training camp to change any team's mind?

10. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

It's not a well-written article. This part made me cringe:

If Lin is polarizing, then you would think that about half of the fans -- the "negatively inclined towards Lin" group would both want and expect him to be traded. Why? Because they don't like Lin and don't value him. So, that group of folks would hardly be "blinded" to the possibility of Lin being traded. In fact, they would likely be pushing for, and hoping, that he WOULD be traded.

Additionally, someone being supposedly polarizing would tend to make a general observer think that the supposedly polarizing person might best be traded from a team. If a person is polarizing -- people are split on how they feel about him or her -- then that can lead to fractured locker rooms and fractured fanbases. Such a person would seem a natural to be traded. Which is the opposite of saying that Lin's supposedly "inherently polarizing nature" would prevent people from thinking a trade would be made.

The article has the feel of a "trolling-for-clicks" piece. And, as is often the case with such articles, the author gives himself an out in case Lin is not traded: No trade was available. Thus, the author can't be wrong either way, and he can be justified to readers in having written the piece in the first place, no matter what happens. Not exactly a bold move.

If this article were a food, I think the nutritional value of it would be around zero. Lots of calories, not much nutrition.

2 people like this.
  11. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Omer is a good possibility to move, I don't think Jeremy Lin is going anywhere.

Jeremy had a bad playoffs but he was not an utter disaster for the season. They believe he can improve and he can.

12. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

They'll probably be moved sometime this year or next off season.

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think this is the team we see between now and the trade deadline .... If they are performing well , they may finish the year as currently constructed , if they are foundering , we'll likely see a shakeup that could include One or both of Asik & Lin.

The other option is that Morey packages them for that "third star" or a significant upgrade. The timing of a move like this is a wide open window - could be anytime between now & the trade deadline or as far away as the offseason / next years trade deadline.

As it stands now , I'd have to say this is the team we see start the season.

14. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

One time, a few years ago, I emailed Bill Ingram a trade proposal pretending to be an "insider" and he posted it on his page as fact... and that he got it from one of his "sources"

1 person likes this.
  15. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

LOL What, props to you.

16. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

hah... do you remember what it was?

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Morey is never done making calls.

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I honestly think we go into the season with Lin/Beverly/Brooks. Asik has a better chance to get dealt because he's a more tradable commodity and his minutes will be substantially more limited with Dwight as the starter. Also, Lin needs to show he's improved in order to up his trade value. Don't think Morey wants to sell low on Lin, whereas he might be willing to sell high on Asik.

I still think the odds are that both are on the roster on game one of the season, but I doubt Asik's still there at the trade deadline.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

They'll stay after our post season success at the WCF. Maurney needs to go all out in convincing Asik that he belongs here.

20. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

you last option doesn't make any sense. you need to ask differently, such as, Both are not actively shopped but Morey will listen to any offer which makes team much better.

remember neither of them is a franchise player. it's a business if they are traded somehow and someday down the road