1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dak Prescott: How and Why

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rocket River, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Romo would have lost that Giants game. The key issues were the o-line couldn't keep the pass rush at bay and the receivers could not get open most of the game. Romo would have been a sitting duck more than Dak. He probably would have gone down with injury. Dez has his moments but, for a #1 receiver getting his huge paycheck, he's been a disappointment all season. Sure, he shows up when the other teams' defenses are inferior and they don't have a top corner to lock him down. Otherwise, he's a no-show. Bottom line...to many individual mistakes and lost one-on-one match-ups.

Honestly, I thought the Cowboys should have gone to a hurry-up offense when it became clear what kind of day it was. One of the things you do to offset that is hurry up and not give them time to barely get set while getting the defense winded.

I think Garrett and company just called the game too straightforward. Sometimes, you need to mix it up. The Giants threw the whole book at us on defense. And, we knew we were losing the line of scrimmage most of the game on offense. Yet, we just ran a regular offense they were prepared for...one in which we did not execute much of anything successfully even if Zeke got his 100 yards.

I don't believe there is enough time left in the season for Romo to get sharp enough to do anything better than Dak. I think it would be a waste to put Romo back in. Everyone is just going to wait for the implosion moment that always seems to come under him....so they can then go off and create their stupid memes.

#121 Surfguy, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://www.theherdnow.com/greg-cosell-breaks-down-the-film-on-dak-prescotts-recent-struggles/

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Dak came back with a vengeance against Tampa Bay. I've never seen a better more complete rookie quarterback. The kid is just phenomenal.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He did exactly what I've demanded all season: Respond after a loss where he played a poor game. They should roll Detroit next week and probably lose at Philly in the finale (with nothing to play for). Maybe Romo gets some playing time.

I still don't think the Cowboys make the Super Bowl.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

32-36? Pffft, anybody can do that!