1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dak Prescott: How and Why

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rocket River, Oct 15, 2016.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

Fify...because we know anything black is not at fault.

#21 mick fry, Oct 16, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I still say that your whole weird racist shtick where you are obsessed by the race of QB's has to be the weirdest sustained troll job of all time. I mean it's up there with the Ricky Rubio BS that goes on in the GARM.

You just can't expect me to take it seriously.

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I hate the cowboys but I have to admit Jerry hit 2 home runs with Zeke and dak. Romo getting hurt is the best thing to happen to them. Dak is legit. Leadership, can make all the throws, high iq, and doesn't turn the ball over. Was hoping the Texans drafted him. Oh well.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Kizer will be long gone. Probably top 8

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

And they had already built a stud offensive line.

Jealous of their sudden competence

6. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

brian kelly is doing a good job of destroying kizers stock, maybe he has a bridgewater or derek carr like fall in the draft

7. dmoneybangbang

This. Cowboys look to have a strong team this year and going forward. Continuity and talent on their o-line has paid off now that they acquired Elliot and Dak.

8. conquistador#11

Awesome running game and Line play. He doesn't get creative licensing at the line, coaching to his strengths. That's how teams should be built though instead of the fantasy stat god qb, just keep moving the chains.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For sure, the one thing all teams are looking for is a QB of a 2-5 college team to come in and turn things around for your NFL team.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Having an O-line really helps out your team; just look at the difference between the Seahawks and Cowboys

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Hope so. I want him on a team where he has weapons and a chance to win. I would hate for any young qb going to a Cleveland type situation

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Well people who actually watch the games, know football and get paid to scout have Kizer and Watson as the top 2 qbs in the draft.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Who knows? Maybe he'll perform better once he no longer has to go against tough competition like playing against Stanford, Duke, or North Carolina State. The NFL should be a breeze for him so he might even get his completion percentage up over 60%.

As we all know, scouts are never wrong.

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Perfect throw

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I really hate when people say this. I doubt the Cowboys would be 5-1, if they decided to Sanchez for the fact that he's veteran over the rookie Prescott.

Besides, do we hold that against QBs who win Super Bowls, as result of having a powerhouse offensive line?

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm cool with those who are knee jerking and going with the idea that Dak is the next Tom Brady, but you'll just have to accept that some will have a different opinion and be less quick to jump to that conclusion. They might even point out the obvious, that the best O line in football is helping him out A LOT. Does that mean what he's doing is easy? Of course not, he's making good decisions and throwing the ball accurately, not every QB can do that even without facing any pressure.....but there's a ton that can.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Hater. Dak is the best. Get over it.

Dak is goat. He rarely turns the ball over. Key to winning. Haters will call that managing the game. (Managing as in 5 plays 97 yards in 34 seconds.) A criticism in disguise but not giving the ball to the other team on offense is a key to winning games. Just ask the Texans defense.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Dak is clearly the guy after the bye week. Wonder what Jerry will say now.

It was good he finally got the first INT out of his system. Following it up by going 4/4, 55 yards, TD on the next drive was exactly what you want to see.

I still want to see what happens when Dak has a bad game and he's the main reason they lose. It will happen soon.

19. Nook

Nook Member

We are seeing what happens when a team has a dominant (best in a number of years) offensive line. Couple that with a running game and a QB with a strong work ethic and you can succeed. Dak deserves a lot of credit; but a number of guys could do well that line.

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Matt Cassel, Brandon Weedon and Kellen Moore disagree with you