1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dak Prescott: How and Why

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rocket River, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That's too bad. I wonder what round we had him projected to go

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

NFL gm's are dumb as hell sometimes. Dak looked great in the senior bowl and should have gone in the second

Fulgore likes this.
  3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I would like to hear what scouts saw in Goff that they didn't see in Prescott. Kid looks like a #1 overall pick

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly. . . I want to know what our scouts saw in BROCK OS versus what they saw in Dak

Rocket River

5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lol that too.

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

The one thing I could think of...I don't think it's valid argument. "He didn't interview well." You could say Miss State wasn't rank too high and his numbers weren't off the chart, but if that's said you have to consider he played in arguably the toughest conference.

Dallas got lucky with him. I'm still shocked Denver didn't get him. He was popping up in alot of their mock drafts, and reportedly the team was very interested in getting him, earlier.

**Fixed**

I look at alot of draft choices, sometimes. And, I'll scratch my head over, especially if a player wasn't that good in college.. I also scratch my head, if kid was a stud in college and clearly has NFL talent, yet the player doesn't get drafted until 3rd round or later.

7. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I wonder if he scored enough touchdowns, today?

8. Buck Turgidson

The Cowboys and the Raiders play very similar football. Solid QB play, great OLs, run the ball, play stout D.

That would be a fun old-school Super Bowl, except I hate Jerrah Jones.

9. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

First person I've heard refer to the Raiders' defense as stout. Before the Denver game (bad offense), they had the 28th ranked defense by DVOA, bottom 5 in yards/game, and bottom 10 in points/game.

10. Buck Turgidson

I also may be the last person to actually watch them live.

They looked good last night, stout up front and mobile on the edges. Like I said, first time I've paid attention to them. I don't watch much NFL football outside of the Texans, which means I don't really watch NFL-level football much at all.

11. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

That Superbowl would suck regardless of the Cow's owner, style of play, or their opponent.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Is this true. . . . or is Dallas playing a bunch of creme puffs?

DALLAS
    L- NYG 5-3
    WASH 4-3
    CHI 2-6
    SAN FRAN 1 -7
    Cin 3-4
    Green Bay 4-4
    Phil 4-4
    Cleve 0-9

They lost their only game against a team that has a winning record

By comparison
    HOUSTON
    Chi 2-6
    KC 6-2
    L - NE 7-1
    Ten 4-5
    L - Min 5-3
    Ind 4-5
    L - Den 6-3
    Det 5-4

Meanwhile the Texans have Lost to 3 teams with winning records
    and beaten 2 teams with winning records

Rocket River

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Has a RB as good as Zeke helped out a rookie QB? That Dallas OL is good too

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

A lot of their poor overall ranking in DVOA has to do with getting torched in Week 1 at the Superdome, and again by Matt Ryan in Week 2 where they gave up an ungodly amount of yards to start the season.

The Raiders defense is definitely still a work in progress due to poor LB play and a retooled secondary that only returned 1 starter from last season.

It should be noted they've been better with Perry Riley on the field as the new MLB over the past couple weeks. Before that they had a scrap heap of FA types trying to play LB and other teams repeatedly targeted them. Khalil Mack was also off to a very slow start, but over the past couple weeks leads the NFL with 21 pressures.

They simply bullied Denver with ball-control offense. Jumbo sets and smashmouth football. The defense repeatedly pressured Siemien and he was largely ineffective. Denver's line is not good and they were mauled in the trenches on both sides.

Both Derek Carr and Amari Cooper are still improving. The offense is more diversified with smaller, speedy backs like Richard and Washington. The line is an absolute monster. RT is still a bit of a revolving door, but every other position has a Pro Bowl caliber lineman.

The Raiders have a dream foundation build with Carr-Cooper-Mack. They will be set up for a long run of dominance as long as those guys continue to develop into studs.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Are we beleivers yet?
    I am still not 100% sold . . . mainly because I hate Dallas and their punk soft schedule

Rocket River

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm with you but I get closer to 100% each week. The fact Dak plays well while pressured and also avoids INTs is remarkable.

Still want to see him have a rough game (preferably a loss) where everything goes wrong and watch how he bounces back. Dak still seems to be improving each week but I don't know how long that can continue. At some point a defense will throw something up that knocks him off his game. It's definitely coming. May not happen until the playoffs.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

well, he was having a rough game against Philly, plays didnt go well until the 4th qtr where the eagles had a 10-pt lead and dak also got an INT in the end zone, in the first half.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Granted. I thought the Cowboys were dead against the Eagles. His late game performance in recent weeks is in the "just wow" category for a rookie.

I still say a bad game is coming up and I really want to see how Dak responds to a loss where the blame is mostly on him.