1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

COVID-19

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spacemoth, Mar 12, 2020.

1. marky :)

marky :) Member

This thread has been a great read with my coffee this morning.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Is anyone friends with a chiropractor on Facebook? I’d be interested to know their thoughts.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The only thing that ticks me off is the lack of preparation. Anytime someone comes with something remotely related to a URI they need precautions like we do for cdiff. Went to a room the other day where the chief complaint was completely wrong and only realized later I should have had a mask on. Just puts us at risk since we're consistently on the frontlines.

#103 LosPollosHermanos, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    CCity Zero, B-Bob and Hakeemtheking like this.
  4. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I live in Snohomish county and when we had that first patient that just came back from Wuhan and checked into Providence St Joseph Health hospital, I knew we were screwed. We are totally unprepared to deal with the cooties coming out of China. Taiwan and HongKong are the better examples of awareness and preparedness. They had lived through the SARS fiascos and they understood how dangerous the ChiCom can be with all their lies and secrets, so they take enormous steps to protect their own people. Taiwan has an agency dedicated to such catastrophe like this pandemic. When they first got the knowledge of this WuhanFlu way back in December, they immediately sprang into actions. They were testing everyone, restricting travels to and fro China, educating everyone on proper hygiene and giving protective supplies (masks, hand sanitizers etc..). HongKong was doing basically the same thing. Their infection rates are very low, Taiwan has less than 50 infections and 1 death, HongKong has 134 and 4 deaths. The countries that are the hardest hit have all sold their souls to the ChiCom: Italy, Iran, S Korea, their infection rates are tenfold compared to Taiwan and HongKong. I have been saying this all along, unless we learn how to deal with the ChiCom like countries that know them best, more of these pathogens will come out of that hellhole, and the next one could make this current one seems like a nosebleed.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

God bless, seriously. Front lines is exactly right.

Have a friend who is having a tough time with cancer, and I need to go see her this weekend in an ICU. I mean, incredibly sad circumstances, but I bet that hospital is going to feel like a war garrison. :( (Not sure they'll even let a plebe like me in.)

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Obviously cant speak to that hospital, but Ive been to Memorial Hermann a couple of times. They have security checkpoints where they ask your travel history and scan your temperature, and patients are only allowed two visitors per day, and visiting hours are severely curtailed. The inside of the hospital is basically a ghost town.

You might consider calling the hospital before you go, to see what specific restrictions are in effect. I imagine they haven't had time to post this stuff on their websites or make it widely known.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

thank you, and not to be dramatic but, she’s gone. Unbelievable. Anyway, no hospital visit, today at least.

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:(

Condolences.

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

How did a really informative thread devolve into an idiot vs the world thread?

Pro Tip: if you ignore one poster in this thread, the 6 pages become only 3.

10. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

LOL, this thread is awesome. But for the record I think this thing is way overblown and we'll look back and think how stupid this whole buying out the toilet paper and hand sanitizer at the freaking stores was at the time. I just wanted to buy a few cans of green beans to mix in for my dog's food and the shelves were completely sold out. Ridiculous scared animals out here.

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Damn, so sorry for your loss.

12. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

Nook and CCity Zero like this.
  13. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

That is awesome. Is there a website with a collection of these? (Guess I could google Steven Tyler memes). Not sure which one is better as both made me crack up.

14. Buck Turgidson

#114 Buck Turgidson, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  15. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

Nook, B-Bob, Blake and 1 other person like this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

Damn. So sorry to hear that. I'm holding out hope for 3 of mine that are quite literally recovering from surgery right as we speak.

**** I feel bad for making jokes, but honestly what can you do?

B-Bob, malakas and CCity Zero like this.
  17. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Watch yourself bro...shades of annoying FFB...

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

Yep. I was just responding as I was reading, and now that I got to the end of this page I feel like a proper *******.

eta: delete that quote of mine whenever you get around to it.

RKREBORN likes this.
  19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I'm worried for some family/friends with health issues too (like needed/planned procedures etc.). I'm sure most of us have something like this happening, just sucks to say the least.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I gotta admit this post seriously made me laugh last night. Great reply, lol - this part especially -

"and you’ve changed my opinion completely by finding an allergy doctor who agrees with you." hahaha

Buck Turgidson and KingCheetah like this.