1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

COVID-19

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spacemoth, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

Brilliant retort...

This response proves EXACTLY how political this **** is.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

How else should he assert his alpha dominance?

malakas and Buck Turgidson like this.
  3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Trust me when I tell you that you don’t want to play the degree, career, etc game with me. Besides, that is extremely childish behavior, kid. This is a message board.

malakas likes this.
  4. Roscoe Arbuckle

Of course not. You have a He-Man picture...

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Guys let's just handle this like adults. We can all meet up, I'll bring a ruler, we'll see who's really the better person here.

6. Buck Turgidson

...from facebook, no less.

Gotta get the good info.

7. Blake

Foiled me again, He-Man.

I’m done now. Your e-penis is enormous and I fully submit.

malakas likes this.
  8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Better? Do i get extra points for prettiness?

9. Roscoe Arbuckle

There was a time here where we were all people that argued but got along for the most part.

These days it is an absolute **** show of anonymous trolls who obviously get off on it.

You used to be better than this...

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

@Roscoe Arbuckle is just nervous that his food blog that 7 people visit a month will suffer during this pandemic when no one is dining out.

Eric Riley, malakas, calurker and 3 others like this.
  11. Blake

Lol. I’m not trying to pretend like a degree or a career means anything anyways and I didn’t bring it up. It doesn’t matter. Didn’t mean to derail the thread as the OP was making good points.

malakas and ThatBoyNick like this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Are you sure you want to go head to head with a professional fast-food critic?

That's bold. Last time someone tried to go head 2 head with Fatty @Jeff got crushed.

13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Why does OP's anecdotes make good points when Fatty's Facebook anecdotes don't?

14. Buck Turgidson

Dude, you and I get along as far as I know, talking random bs about food and whatnot.

Don't be totally shocked if you say something ****ing stupid and I call you on it.

Sorry if that offends you.

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  15. Roscoe Arbuckle

It doesn't, and I appreciate that statement.

But the attacks on old school folks by kids (yes, kids) is absolutely crazy. Moes is easily 15 years my junior & he almost always treated this place with respect.

Cheetah seems to be the new norm here of hiding behind a computer screen spewing insults with no ramification. And that's a shame.

16. Blake

Sarcasm meter runs on empty at this time of night as I’m usually asleep by now.

If you are referring to his posts (the ones after the allergy doctor one from better sources), I don’t completely disagree. People shouldn’t be panicking to the extent that we have seen today, stripping grocery shelves bare and buying months worth of food and water. America isn’t going to turn into Thunderdome. But this virus appears to be incredibly contagious and does kill over 8-10 percent of the elderly and people with compromised immune systems and underlying issues. And all of us have relatives or friends who fall within this band. Most who catch it won’t have more than a week long fever but this is much easier to get than the flu, is much more lethal and if it multiplies at the rate we are initially seeing, we won’t have sufficient ventilators to help those who do need them. So I am all for socials distancing and taking protective measures to try to fight off the spread. And the OP was posting in that vein and then F started bringing in politics and was acting condescending and stating doctors are not worried when from my personal experiences, many are very worried about our lack of being prepared for this and potential outcomes

Eric Riley, malakas, Deckard and 3 others like this.
  17. Roscoe Arbuckle

You need to reread the initial post.

#1 - this was a redundant thread.

#2 - his first two paragraphs talked about the administration and Fox news.

I didn't start that. This thread did.

18. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

No sarcasm at all. I'm only posing that question philosophically. So many are hearing doom-and-gloom anecdotes and resorting to panic and fear. Yet there are others who are calling for logical, rational reactions to this pandemic but are disregarded.

I fully agree with you that we should be diligent not to spread the pandemic as it could overstress healthcare facilities as well as not infect the at-risk populations. I don't agree with many of the panic hoarders or mask wearers.

19. Blake

1-i feel it is worth its own thread as it is from an actual MD who is in the middle of the hotbed of cases in this country.

2-Again, you are the one who needs to reread the initial post. He made one statement (one sentence in a long post spanning multiple paragraphs...basically an off handed remark) about Fox News. His next sentence said he didn’t even care about that. You then accused me of being political when I typed one sentence at the end of a post. This isn’t a political thread.

CCity Zero likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

But...but what if it did?

CCity Zero likes this.