1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets to begin season with Beverley, Asik as starters; Jeremy Lin off bench

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Oct 29, 2013.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You are really in your feelings behind rep points. LOLOL.

2. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Just because you either don't understand the data or it doesn't support your bias doesn't mean it's not correct :rolleyes:

And Torocan has never said that the stats is the absolute truths. He clearly says they are trends that are up for different interpretation and even he, himself has mentioned that the +/- is flawed.

I'll let you in on a little secret on how to spot someone who knows what they are talking about. They don't let their emotions guide their argument and are willing to talk about the data rather than simply dismiss it when it doesn't support their views.

3. Drphil

Drphil Member

True the guy doesn't deserve to be insulted.

But his stats are a bit biased and the people who support him are no less biased because it favors Jeremy. I've read several of his posts and he fits his data around his argument rather than the other way around.

Being level headed also means being fair and my opinion is he Torocan is a nice guy but he's getting praises by the choir.

4. langal

langal Contributing Member

Every "statistical evidence post" on this board has bias. Everyone knows that.

To single out Torocan and basically call him a liar is just over the top.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

and you are the THE most consistently biased lin-hater in this forum. you are so consumed with the kid that last season probably 90% of your posts were how-to-trade lin related :grin:

6. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

What a troll?:grin:

7. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Professor T, nice job. But I think you are wasting your time to educate those whose can not be educated.

8. RonJeremy

RonJeremy Member

LOL ... I had to check for myself and you are right. Other than one victory in which Beverley and Lin played equal amount of minutes, Lin played more minutes than Beverley did in games that Rockets won.

For LOH ... small sample size
    For LOF ... another statistical proof

9. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Even when Lin is not having a great night he still moves the ball. He still had 4 assists in his brief 17 minutes the other night.

10. zdrav

zdrav Member

Sample size matters! Unless we're talking about a possible replacement for Lin, in which case a handful of games will suffice.

Logic and consistency (and the welfare of the Rockets' season) must be thrown out the window in the all-important quest to get petty satisfaction over the hated LOFs. Because that's what it all comes down to: some people are so annoyed at LOFs that they'll do anything to see them unhappy, even if it means hurting the Rockets.

11. mikster

mikster Rookie

12. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

A LOF? You decide. Here are his last six stories about the Rockets:
    • Nov 22: No Jeremy Lin, no win: Another senseless benching leads to Rockets collapse — and it's on McHale
    • Oct 31: Bloodied Jeremy Lin saves Rockets from coaching blunder, shows class and true skills
    • Oct 11: Global joke: Jeremy Lin benching proves Kevin McHale doesn't respect Rockets difference maker
    • Sep 28: Jeremy Lin needs to be set free: Whether McHale likes it or not, he's key to new Dwight Howard Rockets
    • July 28: Jeremy Lin not Rockets dead yet: Despite obvious snubs, Linsanity proves its value
    • July 13: Dwight Howard name drops Justin Timberlake, talks of making music video in wild Houston intro

#2493 Breitbard, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this gem was in the comments section :grin:

14. Drphil

Drphil Member

How am I singling him out?

You guys are so defensive about every thing that is pointed out when it comes to Lin, you guys go over the top in replying to people with these accusatory.

I'm a lin fan and I get back lashes more from Lin fans when I make an observation about him than I do when I say something about Beverly or Harden.

The only people who give me *rap when I say anything about Harden are the same people trolling the LOFs on this board. Even then, if you speak civilly and rationally to them, they will show respect.

15. Drphil

Drphil Member

I can't believe people are blaming the startersfor this loss and telling everyone "Yeah Lin had a bad game, but he's not even CLOSE to the reason we lost."

If it weren't for the starters we would have been blown out by that Mavs game.

When Harden was out and Lin got his season high in the sixers game, people pointed out that Lin's lack of defense and offensive contribution in the last quarter was one of the reasons we lost and then we had a group of defensive people screaming, "IF IT WEREN'T FOR LIN YOU GUYS wouldn't even be close!"

The hypocrisy is down right unfair to everyone else on the team.

1 person likes this.
  16. Drphil

Drphil Member

Also Lin's +/- in all these last games including his season high one has been close to dead last on the team. Whenever he's on the floor other teams just score at will. I'm not saying he's the main reason our defense sucks but he's a huge reason.

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

There's clearly a huge market for his propaganda, so I can't knock him.

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Rap? You mean like this?

YEYE its ya boy Dj Panda inda house
    We got AB 4 THREE he a badass fkn mouse
    got that big booty basher das ma man jim harden
    better lock up ya wives he gonna mow ya fkn garden
    Got that linsanity magic
    When he off he fkn tragic

eugh bored now

19. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm going to unstick this thread for now, but will bring it back up if we start to get more Lin-Beverley threads.

Been laughing about Chris Baldwin for a long time now. He's not a LOF... he is just trolling for LOFs and page views. And sadly, it works every time.