1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast - Talking Draft, Rockets Future with BimaThug

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Excellent, guys, and I hope you make a habit of it! Agreed with a bunch of the comments between the two of you. As you said, big men are at a premium (what else is new?), and I'm wondering if Morey will move up to get Zeller. Zeller isn't a "sexy" choice, but fills the proverbial position of need very well, and could give us solid minutes next season, being not nearly the project some of the other bigs are. I'm a bit of tired of rolling the dice on bigs. Solid and not terribly exciting would be OK with me at this point.

2. delishman

delishman Member

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

Thank you.

Was surprised no mention of Lowry trade.

3. anchel

anchel Member

Is Bima really John Frusciante?

4. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

Hey Clutch on Fiver.com you can get a voice over introduction from a professional voice artist for only 5 dollars.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Thought Bima was older, how old is he?

6. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

CAUTION: do not drive and listen to this podcast, may induce drowsiness!

LOL, but seriously great listen. I hope for another one. I'd love to get in on this with some comic relief! A friend and I are planning an Internet show / vlog / I dunno what to call it. I'm definitely going to bring some of this Rockets knowledge in. Thanks again.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

One thing that I wish that you guys would have talked about regarding Morey is that he may choose to move on at the end of his contract on his own, due to him having to execute a very tough game plan.

He may use the Rockets as a stepping stone to a better GM job where he gets to build a team using more practiced methods.

DM is a very smart and pragmatic man - he has to know that Les strategy is not really one with a high chance of success, so he may choose to just move on himself.

My .02

DD

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Clutch and Bima,

Thanks! I hope you make this a regular event. Is there any chance you do another after the draft? I don't want to be pushy but as someone that does not live in Houston it's almost impossible to get Rockets talk from anyone with a clue about the team so your podcast was a really nice suprise.

As is was great but if possible let us know when you are going to do another (hopefully soon) and I bet you could get some good questions from us to take to a podcast. Regardless, I loved it and hope you keep up the podcast!

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Ive been one of the few that likes Ross .... glad to see Im not alone.

While I think Zeller is the more NBA ready , I like the upside of Leonard and would much prefer him. His passing out of the post really gives him a leg up on development as thats usually one of the final pieces young bigs figure out.

I'd be estatic with Leonard & Ross .... I wouldnt complain about Zeller & Ross.

@ JR - Thanks for the transcript - MSR.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Awesome podcast! Thanks Clutch and Bimathug!

Clutch, totally agree with you specifically about the Blazers and how they read the tea leaves and chose a direction.

I have never been more frustrated with the Rockets as I am right now. And it stems from the low ceiling talent. Solid role players but not upward movement.

Big draft, and big summer for this team, no question.

11. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

That was nice. Very well done. I hope there will be more of those.

If Bima becomes a regular guest/co-host, one suggestion I would have is him being more involved in the moderation part, so that Clutch gets to voice his opinions a little more often.

12. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Guys, just listened to the podcast. You both are to be commended for doing a terrific job. I'd like to see more podcasts on the state of the Rockets from time to time.

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

i.e. the Boston Celtics, after they bring back the current group this year for one last run, and then blow it up.

14. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

absolutely a great podcast. they should do more instead just once.

regarding rox draft policy, i personally believe we should abandon the policy morey has been using since he joined the team. drafting the best among whatever left in the pool must be attached with a condition. if the player might have potential to be a game changer, yes we should draft otherwise we should base on what we need.

15. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

Great show guys. But I wish I could fast forward to the 28th all ready. This will be the longest 9 days of my life. Sooooo many different scenarios could play out. I just hope we play the best one out there for us.

16. Raven

Raven Member

And I don't think CF represents the minority viewpoint. I think most Houston fans wish the Rockets would stop chasing super stars and start rebuilding the proper way, though the draft and through long term player development.

17. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Wait for the poll. LoL

18. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Thanks, everyone, for all the kind words. It was a blast doing the podcast with Clutch.

Also, thanks for the constructive notes on things we could have done better.

I apologize for the droll sound of my voice. As someone who hasn't been "on the air" much like Clutch has, I'm still not entirely used to hearing the sound of my own voice. I suppose I'll just have to get used to it.

(And to address some people's "concerns", (1) I am in my mid-30s; and (2) in no way, shape or form am I, nor have I ever been, a "thug". I came up with that name when I was a teenager [I started using it on ClutchCity.com while I was in college, and I just never changed it], and that part of my handle was always intended to be at least somewhat ironical.)

Clutch and I had contemplated doing another podcast sometime next week, but I'm not sure my work schedule will permit it. Regardless, we definitely intend--especially given the initial positive feedback we're getting--on doing a post-draft podcast leading into (or perhaps during) the July Moratorium.

crash5179, that's a really good idea about sending in questions/issues that ClutchFans posters would like for us to address in future podcasts. I'll talk to Clutch about that, but I could envision a future podcast in which Clutch and I (or at least Clutch, with whomever else he chooses to do a podcast) can field some of those questions. I'll let Clutch decide how he'd like to go about collecting those questions, though.

Again, thanks for listening. We both figured that--like us--people were starved for ANYTHING Rockets-related at this time of year. Here's hoping that we'll have a lot of great stuff to talk about after the draft (i.e., the Rockets making a mega-trade for a superstar or a top-5 pick). We shall see.

P.S. No offense to those asking, but I'd prefer to limit my draft party to only those few hard core Rockets fans with whom I am acquainted in, you know, "real life". (Maybe that will change in future years.) I invited Clutch (who, for some reason, will be busy that night!) and at least one other person who posts here, so ClutchFans.net should still be well-represented at my place! I will likely be on Twitter during the draft (it's too hard to closely follow the BBS while entertaining guests) and may be able to share thoughts and/or answer questions there.

1 person likes this.
  19. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Funny how some people think they have better voices and can actually break things down better than bima. If so, then start your own podcast and let us judge you for once. Just as i thought.. You don't have the guts.

Learn to appreciate and focus on stuff that actually matters.

20. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Easy there! I was not offended by any comments about my voice and was seriously being apologetic about it. (Some of my colleagues and clients even like to tease me about how droll I sound on the phone.)

Thanks for sticking up for me, though. ;)