1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast - Talking Draft, Rockets Future with BimaThug

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 18, 2012.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No doubt, if only we could start our own threads !!!

;)

DD

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

pretty much a great take on the overall state of the franchise, including the options Houston is considering draft-wise.

I am emailing this podcast to all of my friends who are "casual fans" so that they actually understand why i'm so frustrated.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I, for one, was just joking about Bima's voice, specifically the lack of thuggishness. Bima's voice is fine. Not like we can't understand him. Maybe next podcast make it a 3 person booth with an actual thug added to you two?

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Actually, I think having Bima and Clutch answer questions would be pretty interesting.

It seemed that Clutch was asking more of the questions than answering, and being that Clutch is around the team, I think his perspective on questions would be riveting stuff.

DD

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Great job. Really enjoyed the podcast Clutch & Bima. Would be great to see it expand in the future as well.

6. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Enter Clyde Drexler!

7. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

Great stuff guys...really made the second half of the day fly by.

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Great podcast, I love hearing from people who are well spoken and 100% guaranteed to be bigger fans and followers of the Rockets than anyone on the radio.

I would suggest that, if possible, Clutch or DD or Carl or whoever gather a few of the Clutchfans who have watched the most college bball this past year to get some of their "scouting reports" on the prospects they watched. Particularly if they are huge fans of some schools with lots of high prospects like UK, UNC, Syracuse, etc. Jopatmc (sp?) I recall was really knowledgeable about Arizona sports a couple years ago. I'm a former Dukie and used to outwatch most of the people here when it came to college, but this past year I've done a lot less as a.) I started working, and b.) spent a couple months during the bball season in China.

But yeah, fans of their own teams to me are much more insightful and passionate in their takes on NBA prospects, even if their opinions are ridiculously biased. At least you go in knowing that, rather than listening to draft "pundits" who like their news counterparts get free reign to masquerade under the guise of impartiality.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You sounded more relaxed and laid back while the host had the commanding voice...
    did not come across droll at all.

10. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Great podcast. Definitely do more.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Time for a call in show.

12. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Clyde drexler says he likes it

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think Clutch and Bima answering questions actually have a lot more validity than most national or even local radio hosts answering questions. We all know Clutch has some conections and follows the Rockets enough to know a lot more than most of the so called experts. There is no question that Bima could likely school just about any of the experts outside of Larry Coon on the salary cap.

I would absolutely like to her Clutch and Bima answer questions...(of course they basically do anyway via the message board). Podcast was great! Please keep it up!

#73 crash5179, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Who cares about your voice Bima. We just want a knowledge dump as often as you would be willing to give it. Fine podcast. Fine.

15. Garner

Garner Member

Couldn't have enjoyed the podcast more. Thanks for taking the time to get it done.

16. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Good Discussion. Solid points. Very important to try and guess who will go 13 and 15 and must make a decision on direction of team.

17. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Enjoyed it. Even learned a few things.

Waiting for the next one....

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Great idea and great job you two.

I absolutely disagree with everything you said.:eek::p

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This^^!! Please, this!:cool:

20. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

I thought the direction that management has taken is to not to be tied down to one strategy, the opportunistic, moon-shoot, struck-by-lightning maneuver. This requires metamorphing the assets from year to year.