1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Keep an eye on Deron Williams, because the Rockets sure will

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 18, 2012.

?

Would you trade Kyle Lowry (+ more) for Deron Williams?

1. YES

312 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. NO

338 vote(s)
    52.0%
  1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Even better would be to do all this and tank the season and add a cheap top pick as well to this core.

See: Rondo added to Allen, Pierce, Garnett

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Deron
    Martin
    ______
    _____
    Howard

I'm willing to bet that at least one of Parsons, Twill or MM would stay.

I'm also willing to bet that at least one of PPaT or D-Mo would stay.

Any of those players with those three and we have in my opinion the best team in the league.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

If we just make a play for Deron and play the waiting game we wouldn't have to give up any of those guys. just Lowry Scola and 1 more piece. But then we are gambling....

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Hell yes! Get him here Morey. I've wanted him here since draft day. Get him in a Rockets uniform!

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

After reading this thread, my conclusion is:

Those who are for trading Lowry see him as an asset.
    Those who are against trading Lowry see him as a player.

:)

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

No, that is just ridiculous. You can't trade the entire roster for these guys. Sorry, but D-Will and Howard don't equate to having Wade and Lebron. D-Will is not a lock down defender like Wade and Lebron. Howard is not the scorer that Wade and Lebron are. The Heat duo is much stronger than a Howard and D-Will duo.

Secondly, Morey has not been as consistent in the draft as you would believe.

2006-Garbage early 2nd round pick. I included this year since everyone seems to agree that the Battier/Gay trade was led by Morey. Is there any reason to believe the Novak trade wasn't led by Morey?

2007-Amazing draft relative to what was left!!

2008-Traded down and picked 2 bad players when he had the best player on the board and missed other good players drafted not too far from the ones he took.

2009-Morey took a shotgun approach and went 1 for 3. Bud has proven to be a nice bench scorer. Taylor is bad. Llull will not play in the NBA for years and is undersized at his position.

2010-Patterson has paid no dividends and has only shown solid, yet unspectacular defense with a limited post game and a money spot up shot.

2011-Parsons has been great and looks like he has a much higher ceiling. Morris in the D-League and has not looked good on defense at the 3. Donuts looks promising, but a project.

7. arjun

arjun Member

dude..you have to break an egg to make an omlete

8. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Call me short-sighted, but for Deron to play as poorly as he's playing this season shows weakness of some kind. Possibly weakness of character. Something Lowry has NONE of by all accounts I know of. So to answer this question:

HELL no. Anyone who'd be willing to join forces with Deron should be willing to join with Kyle if they're NOT an idiot.

1 person likes this.
  9. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Uh... first of all, who is comparing them to Miami's big three? Second of all, isn't that what people would have said about Dirk + Terry last year? Lawl.

That said, I'm probably not OK with gutting our roster for Dwight and Deron, but if anyone can make it work, it's Morey.

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Patterson, and possibly Morris, will make you regret this post. Patterson as early possibly as next month.

To DD, what if "hometown" has nothing at all to do with Texas? What if we are unable to land Dwight and Deron still bails on us, for Dallas worst off?

If there's no Dwight, there is no Deron. They are a package, period.

11. dream_team

dream_team Member

I know I'm in a small minority when I say this... but IMO Deron Williams is the best PG in the NBA. So I say "of course" to this deal!

1 person likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

None of the other posters can answer this question, because all they see is "SUPERSTAR". The posters who are clamoring to dump the roster now and get Deron were the same ones who were saying NJ did the right thing by taking a risk on DW and NYC was correct in taking a risk on Melo/Amare.

Well one year later NYC is looking like a lottery team, and NJ is facing the prospect of DW bailing on them. What happened to those teams? What makes you think us gutting our roster for one dude will work this time? If we have assurance of DW signing an extension then fine, at least we won't end up with garbage. But to trade Lowry for DW without that extension is just stupid.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

wow, 99ers coming out of hibernation for this thread!

look what you did Clutch!

14. Asian Sensation

WOW! A poster with some logic. And yes 99ers that make sense are definitely a small minority and a dying breed on this board. Thanks for your contribution. :cool:

15. Asian Sensation

Hibernation? More like back from the dead. Only 159 posts in nearly 13 years? That's gotta be some kinda record!

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Regret? There is nothing to regret. What has Patterson shown? He looks like the exact same player that played in the D-League. I would love it if he magically became a dominant defender, but I don't see it.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He was sent through time dude. That's the only explanation.

cfnet sent him!

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Deron was the only guy on that team even playing the first couple games. He was playing all by himself. I think he realized what was going on, that they weren't going to win anything and he's shutting it down to prevent injury and preserve himself for the future. You may call that weak. But reality is, it's just good business. Deron knows that team is not even trying to get to the playoffs. He knows they are trying to lose. He's coming up on free agency. Why should he risk life and limb for a team that is intentionally losing when he's got another 7-10 years of NBA life and a max contract staring him in the face if he can get through the season uninjured??? There's a lot of dough at stake here.

Deron was literally the only guy playing for them early while the rest of the team was standing around watching him do everything. I don't blame him one bit for shutting it down.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I would most definitely not trade Lowry in any way for Deron Williams.

If there is a way to get him without giving up Lowry...sure.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

All players are both assets and players. This post is silly.