1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/16/2017 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 12, 2017.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

I agree. The question of "do the Rockets have another gear" was answered last night. They apparently CAN play defense when they want to.

Plowman, D-rock, Richie_Rich and 7 others like this.
  2. MystikArkitect

The Thunder looked like a team that spent 82 games trying to get Russ triple doubles and are now being asked to make winning the priority.

Like watching a newborn giraffe learn how to walk.

3. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Is it possible the thunder didn't rebound well because all they know how to do is box out and NOT get rebounds......where was Russ? Those are all his free rebounds

TracywtFacy, hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

That was Sports Illustrated, not ESPN.

Richie_Rich and CapelaOnlyFan like this.
  5. valorita

valorita Member

Thunder bigs not grabbing rebounds to let Russ get them is one thing.
    But Russ challenging less jumpshots than centers is quite a detrimental to winning basketball.

BigMaloe, skroodup25 and DonKnock like this.
  6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

You guys, I'm still so bored.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Hidden video of Donovan's closed practice last Friday trying to encourage Sabonis to play.

[​IMG]

Teaching Kanter a defensive stance.

[​IMG]

Oladipo working on his rusty First Step

[​IMG]

Adams trying to relearn how to crash the defensive boards

[​IMG]

#1987 heypartner, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Underrated stat of the game:

Harden resurrected the cooking celebration.

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Harden coasted the back end of the season. Dude came out and balled all over OKC. Looked to be on a complete other level than Westbrook.

10. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

That's not how you take care of Spalding, Bro_ie.

More proof that this "friendship" is one-sided.

ramotadab likes this.
  11. Chanmarr

Chanmarr Member

I was talking to my uncle the other day and he Boldly told me the Rockets were gonna get "Swept" by OKC... Sorry Unc!!!!!

BigMaloe, ramotadab and DonKnock like this.
  12. OTMax

OTMax Member

Great game, just love Beverley, our bigs and Harden. Ryno at least rebounded, but our shooters need to hit their shots. Cannot believe by watching Ego and Lou lately that they are 15-17ppg and sixth men candidates..they are playing pretty mediocre. Beverley was the clear MVP, his defense and intensity just amazing. Some1 definitely needs to make the super saiyan gif of that Bev celebration. For those saying Harden played some good defense, yes for a bit, but I saw some embarrassing instances where he basically let WB get past him or he did not bother to pick him or another player attacking the basket when he was the closest person to him. He has to do better, though can't complain too much with the rest of his game. Only 2 TOs, almost 40 points, on attacks to the basket and lots of assists + blowout win.

13. Chanmarr

Chanmarr Member

Lol!!! But he does step up when it's needed.

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

15. elrond

elrond Member

Was I the only one hoping Russel got another assist so that he could get a triple double and help prove how meaningless that stat is? If he had another turnover+assist, would have been even better with a quadruple double.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

No offense, but I hope your brains came from the other side of your family! ;)

17. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

18. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Okc didnt leave shooters open. Thats what spread them out and allowed us to get to the paint and get rebounds. We arent easy to guard.

Donovan will see that strategy didnt work so he wont have adams and co hugging the 3 point line in game 2. That is the game for us to hit 3s. We were hardly open for 3 in game 1.

Theyre aggression in guarding the 3 point line in game 1 backfired. It led to harden layups and anderson rebounds lol

19. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

100 pages!!! Bless Clutchfans.

20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

OKC did their usual thing where they box out for Westbrook to grab all the rebounds, except that just let us crush them on the glass.
    Bingo. Harden was uncontested on his way to the rim because they stayed on the shooters so hard. I don't know what the adjustment will be for them because I doubt they want our role players to get hot. They did a much better job defensively during the regular season and probably will for game 2. They can't get any worse, that's for sure.

And I'm kind of glad EGo, Lou, and Ryno didn't shoot the ball well for game 1. We didn't need them to to blow out OKC by 30+ points. If they did shoot the lights out we would have won by 50 and it would have been a wasted effort. They better be on for game 2.