1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/16/2017 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Lou needs to be more decisive. He is one of the best scorers coming off the bench, so play your role and don't worry so much on making plays for others. Right now, he is often caught midair with no clear idea what to do. Just be yourself.

A clear illustration: because OKC's defenders are staying with their shooters, the lane is wide open to a tear drop. Lou needs to drive deeper into the paint, like Bev, instead of settling for an off balanced shot. Lou can easily beat his man of the dribble, so this play will be there all night for him.

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Ryno played an amazing game IMO despite not scoring the ball. His interior defense on Gibson/Kanter/Adams and tenacity on the boards are exactly what we needed from him. The Thunder were quick to crowd him on 3s. I think he had really one decent good look in the corner which he rushed in the third. Other than that his 1 basket and FTs came on put backs. I think at least in this series that the Ryno we need. The threat to hit the 3 and to rebound and defend like crazy. Even if he doesnt score much the Rockets can make up for that but we need him to fully utilize the size he does possess.

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Watching First Take now. They are blaming Westbrook's teammates. No mention of the **** game Westbrook had.

4. threepointshot3

We got him to be a scorer so yeah I would have thought his first objective should be looking to get his. Interestingly there were a countless plays where Harden would give the ball to Lou and would off the ball for Lou to get his but right now Lou is short of confidence. I think it is a matter of time before he gets into his groove. Perhaps after he sees a few threes drop then all will be back to normal.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. threepointshot3

You expect the b biggest westbrook fanboy in Max to bash Westbrook?

DonKnock likes this.
  6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I am hopeful and confident Lou will find his groove. He is too good of a player to not make a significant contribution to this team.

DonKnock likes this.
  7. The_Yoyo

Westbrook shot 6/23 -- 3/11 from 3. So he shot 3/12 from inside the arc. Somehow he shot worse from inside the arc from outside.

Harden did take more shots but he shot 13/28 and also shot 3/11 from 3. That means he went 10/17 inside the arc. Even if Westbrook made his next 5 two point FGs he would still be shooting worse from inside the arc than Harden did.

Westbrook really shot them out of this game. Oladipo shot really really poorly too. Beverley and Ariza did an amazing job at playing defense last night.

8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

what's great is if in the next game they decide to let us shoot the 3's instead of driving in the lane and getting offensive rebounds. They'll get another spanking with us bombing 3's

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Lead sentence of ESPNs game recap

HOUSTON -- Although James Harden is Houston's undisputed star, he can't top Russell Westbrook entirely on his own.
    Wtf. We destroyed them by 31pts. You mean "can't destroy OKC entirely on his own."

They further say he "outshines" Westbrook, as if WBs turd if a game had some shine to it, which even Beverley outshined.

10. The_Yoyo

the ESPN hate is just absurd - I would say that they are lacking journalistic integrity but they aren't journalists at all. They're really just gossip makers of sports.

Htownballer38, Vivi, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I gave up on ESPN long ago. Remember when the city of Houston had to beg to be on the cover after our championship?

Htownballer38, Vivi, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

LOL at the caption of the leading video....
    James Harden hits the layup with his right hand on one end, and Westbrook one-ups him by getting the lay-up to go with the foul on the next possession.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nba/post/_...ell-westbrook-37-22-in-rockets-game-1-victory

TracywtFacy and DonKnock like this.
  13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Great win, but I hope the team is now focused on game 2. Game 1 should be a distant memory. Stay focused.

Vivi, ramotadab, Chanmarr and 4 others like this.
  14. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

Every analyst I watched today spoke about the game like it all had OKC loosing the game... instead of the Rockets winning it. What a total bias it's been all morning. All talk was on how OKC wasn't doing enough...Westbrook, doing "too" much...etc... Like the Rockets weren't suppose to win...

DonKnock likes this.
  15. toycannon

toycannon Member

I loved the win last night!!! Harden showing why he is the MVP over Westbrook. Clearly Harden's impact and making everyone on the rockets better is greater than Westbrook. Plus PB shutdown of him was very satisfying. PB owns Westbrook!!!

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

DonKnock likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

media conspiracy

media conspiracy

media conspiracy

media conspiracy

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Matt Moore voted Harden as MVP. There are far greater idiots in the NBA world.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Called it, I am a genius!

Snow Villiers and DonKnock like this.
  20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Just pack the paint and dare them to shoot. They are really horrible shooters.