1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 3/6/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 5, 2018.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Rockets 114 - Thunder 109

Salvy likes this.
  2. aroundtheblock2

Rockets 108
    Thunder 96

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Stay calm.

I just hope Harden could 100% win his MVP and Scoring Title. Damn those voters are too nitpick on Harden.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

it just seems to me that at this point with the slower pace, lower number of possessions, distribution of offensive responsibilty among the team and not to be too dependent on harden & cp3, not over using/tiring harden & cp3, morey & MDA having and utilizing a deep rotation, and increased focus on team defense/defensive efficiency it looks like Harden, Cp3, MDA, Morey, & the rest of the team now are more focused on the team's post season success than the individual awards

DonKnock likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

6. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Big game for Capela. He's gotta show he can deal with Adams physicality.

DonKnock, ghettocheeze and hakeem94 like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

8. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Would love nothing more than to knock the Thunder out of playoff standings with their 29th loss tonight.

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Every team the Rockets play(particularly on the road) will have a sense of urgency. Even the tanking teams. When you've got an opponent riding a 15-game winning streak, you want to be the ones who put an end to that. Look how hard the Celtics were going at them the other night. Sure, Boston is still competing for the #1 seed in the East. But don't tell me the (at the time)14-game winning streak wasn't on their minds. So the Rockets better be dialed in every single night and not spot the other team a big early lead.

You're not worried about Toronto? They've won 11 out of their last 12 games. And that one loss was by 3 points in OT to the Bucks. They have only 5 home losses all season. That one scares the crap out of me. If the Rockets pull that one off, I'll be very impressed.

PeterKingX likes this.
  10. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

All fair points on your end. I'm not worried about Toronto, not because I don't think they are a good team, but because they don't have athletic guys like Russ or PG. I think when those guys are dialed they could cause problems for CP and maybe James.

I don't see Lowry causing problems for CP

11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

OKC is the most hollow, fake team that ever was. I don't even have a comp for them because there's never been a team so fake before. Maybe the old Barkley Suns.

DonKnock likes this.
  12. mario elie

mario elie Member

Barkley's Suns were WAY better. It's not even close.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

14. Remlap

Remlap Member

BTW - any reports on Brandon 'One Game Wonder' Wright?
    Is his picture on the back of a milk carton? Haven't heard a thing about
    his status or whereabouts. Was excited when we picked him up. His size
    athleticism can surely help when Nene gets oversized matchups.

Have we stashed him on the G league roster so we can bring Bobby Brown back?
    Where IS this guy? I heard he has a knee issue, but is he out for the year?
    Not hearing/seeing anything about him

15. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

I am sorry for OKC has absolute trash bench.. probably the worst in the league.. and they are at fault of that on their own.. They would be in a far better position if they had kept Oladipo and Sabonis and let them develop, not to mention kept Kanter on the bench and added Patterson and Raymond Felton for more depth.. A line up of Adams, Sabonis, Roberson, Oladipo, and Westbrook is far more daunting then what they have.. Imagine if Donovan would have been able to stagger minutes between Westbrook and Dipo, they would be in contention for close to 60 wins.. But instead OKC is just known for not recognizing and throwing away superstar caliber talent..

16. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

With OKC you just have to ride the opening first quarter wave, and they are absolutely trash the remaining three quarters.. They don't have anyone who can effectively back up Steve Adams or any of their other starters... I wont be surprised if WB goes for a 40 point tripple double and rox win by double digit on an inefficient shooting night from Harden... that's how damn good we are.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Lol 60 wins? Yea right, last year they got what 47 wins? Patterson sucks and Felton has his moments but nothing to make that much impact. I doubt Dipo and Sabonis would have made a big jump in development, WB just stunts other players growth. Anywho, team sucks because their current pieces don’t fit and WB is too damn polarizing and hard to play with

18. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

Man.. I love this teams depth.. three players out and we still have a damn good bench with Luc, Eric, Green and Nene.. But I really want to see Brandon Wright play more games and see how similar he can be to Capela..

19. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Rockets 106 - 81

DonKnock likes this.
  20. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

easy dub, rockets by 10+

DonKnock and Snow Villiers like this.