1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 3/6/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 5, 2018.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

MDA is a good coach but... he's not perfect. In fact I've caught Harden several times recently giving MDA instructions late in the game and MDA quickly reacting and doing what Harden suggested. And credit to Harden it worked amazingly. I do worry about MDA in very high stress, panic inducing, late game situations. Like the Boston game, where he seemed to panic into calling a timeout that was not given. Who knows what happens if that time-out is given but his demeanor was concerning.

2. Mr Chuck Norris

I give zero f’s about last year.... in the words of pat bev....NOT THE SAME TEAM. and Boston was without our pg. we’re good.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

that doesn't discredit mda. in fact that actually gives him even more credibility bc hes willing to listen to what his players are saying and or suggesting. there hasn't been a great coach that doesn't do this. the relationship bw mda and his players absolutely show on this years team chemistry and even last year

ipaman and Patience like this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Normally, I wouldn't want a sub out due to hacking, but I thought it was the right and easy move. Two quick scores by the Thunder with the clock barely moving during the hack. With time being your friend, subbing Capela out for the death lineup that they normally utilize anyway during the 4Q is an easy decision.

5. AFS

AFS Member

To add to your point, Doug Pederson going with Nick Foles' playcall of the "Philly Special" immediately comes to mind.

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Heads up. Gordon has 0 points.

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Let’s go!!!!!!!!

8. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Capela is usually in in close games in the 4th Q, if he's not in foul trouble and having a decent game, at least.

When you give up consecutive layups, the solution isn't to sub our your best paint defender.

You realize that 60% of two free throws is 1.2 points per possession, right...?

LOL GOTTEM

Oh look, another guy who doesn't understand basic deductive reasoning. That is 90% the result of his roster... I give MDA extremely little credit for our success. Almost any NBA caliber coach would have us at, near, or better than where we're at.

See above. I don't think he's absolute garbage (he's better than McHale), but he is heavily flawed.

I don't know why people seem to think that doing well [in the regular season, no less] means you have to believe everything is right with the team. Remember when the Mavs won 67 games with Avery Johnson at head coach?

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Oops, turns out just contradicting other people's opinions isn't very persuasive. Maybe you can give some examples of what exactly you think could improve.

hakeem94 and jayfree like this.
  10. jayfree

jayfree Member

AHAHAHAHA, some people are just never happy. Another person with a low approval rating of 12% thinking they are smarter than everyone else.

SuperMarioBro Member

11. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I did... Like objective, mathematic ones.

jayfree likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

could be wrong? no you're wrong. you obviously dont pay attention to what lineups usually close out games. again not the coach and for good reason. thank goodness. stick to your day job

13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I don't know why you're catching feelings. Make an actual argument or take a nap, bruh.

The original fact remains: these hack-a "strategies" don't work. Especially on shooters as good [decent] as Capela.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Make an argument. Your posts were dumb. There's no argument to be made there literally.

Fact? Based on what. Your own guess? Those strategies have worked. Judging by your posts it's obvious you don't follow the game enough and all your basing it off of is you thinking you know the game better than actual professionals

15. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I'd recommend researching the term "ad hominem" before you enter high school and take your first debate class.

Meanwhile, I'll look up the term "irony".

hakeem94 likes this.