1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 3/6/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 5, 2018.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Nuggets can be a dangerous matchup for us, Nikola Jokic, Gary Harris, Wil Barton, Thin Air, Bad Nugget Former Player Broadcaster.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets in 5...

not even worried about them

3. RayStats34

RayStats34 Member

The key to this game is turnovers, if we can keep our turnovers around the 12-13 we should be able to win easily. Their offense does not flow well enough to win in the half-court especially with the number of perimeter defenders we have to throw at them. Ariza, Tucker, Moute, Johnson, and Green.

4. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

All I wanna know is, will Russ get another trip dub?

5. arubato

arubato Member

Paul George 3 at the buzzer. Rockets win 135-103

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

OKC is struggling. Their offense has no structure and relies on Westbrook hitting crazy shots. They don't have Roberson to hound Harden will need their second highest scorer, George, to check him which should tire him out on the offensive end. Westbrook also leaves his man open for three all the time and that's a bad idea against us.

The only way they beat us is if Adams manhandles our frontcourt, which he does to a lot of teams. Or Westbrook goes off for 50. Even if both of those happen we could still beat team.

7. aroundtheblock2

I hope he does and the Rockets still win.

8. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

Some of you might be surprised. I say OKC rallies late and the game is decided by less than 4 points.

9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

[​IMG]

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I hope he does not and the Rockets still win.

Tfor3 and jevjnd like this.
  12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

:eek: oh no

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  13. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I'm worried about this game. Line is only 4 points and Westbrook isn't a good matchup for CP

Also, if we win, OKC drops to the 9 seed so I bet they come out with a sense of urgency at home.

I'm not worried about Milwaukee or Toronto, but I am worried about this one.

rocketsfan611 likes this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

omg harden for the last 3 ganes is only averaging the same as steph and kd for the season lets trade him for klay

Fyi those 3 games were all wins

And Harden was +21 vs boston, +19 vs clips, and +15 vs jazz

As a true rockets fan you should be happy mda, bdzelic, and the rest of the team can win without harden scroring 50 pts a game

#54 vlaurelio, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  15. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I love how being “short handed” is a lineup consisting of Harden, CP3, Luc, Ariza, Tucker, Capela.....,,,.

Oh and the “reserves” Nene, Gordon, Green.

That’s an elite 9-man rotation. The Rockets being “short handed” now pretty much entails a normal deep line up that can still beat anyone.

This team is unreal...

16. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Yeah this Rockets team is really something special. I just see them as VERY TOUGH TO BEAT. Boston almost got it done shooting lights out and playing amazing defense. Rockets are just THAT team now that is incredibly difficult to beat over a 48 minute game.

It’ll take not only ANYONE’S A game (including the Warriors) to beat the Rockets at this point of the season, but it’ll also take a real physical toll to outlast the Rockets.

Health withstanding the Rockets are just getting used to the mindset of fighting and winning every game they play. This team is ready to win it all this year. It was very encouraging to see Harden and CP3 having off nights and struggling a bit against an elite defensive Celtics team and come back late to win the game anyway. That’s a championship attribute.

17. riko

riko Member

Key to this game will be to spread the wealth and overwhelm them with our depth because they have no depth. We need the bench to produce. Their big 3 will get there’s but if we get a even keeled production from everyone they can’t go with us. 117 to 108 Rockets

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]

19. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Sixteen Candles. Somebody call Molly Ringwald, we’ve got a streak going

ghettocheeze and hakeem94 like this.
  20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]