1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 12/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 15, 2012.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there is no argument.

you are putting on a hypothetical on top of a hypothetical to hide the fact that Kyrie Irving is better than Lin.

Regardless if he plays with Harden or Michael Jordan or Bugs Bunny.

2. tinman

Supporting Member

listen newbie fake Rockets fan,

this is the only thing you need to know:

Kyrie Irving is better than Lin.

3. Akim523

Akim523 Member

No one is arguing otherwise, even if they do, it doesnt make them a fake fan. In this sense and this sense alone, you are as much a fake fan as the one you are calling out.

Yep, Kyrie Irving is better than Lin, so?

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The thing with Morey is that he not only looks at what a player can give the Rockets, but also what he feels he can get in a trade for that player down the line.

In this sense I think he would pass up a player who might fit better now for someone he feels he could trade later for more assets.

5. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

LMAO. yeah, exactly like what I imagined you would do. When you don't have any solid points and reasoning to back up and argue, you resort to one thing you do best: one sentence of chanting.

I thought you only lack reading and comprehension skills, clearly you also have eye problems. Because I specifically pointed out that this discussion is not about Lin and Lin is out of this pic on this topic. I guess you will never be able to see and read. Let alone answer my question on my last post. So I'm done. Enjoy your high horse riding with that -99 tag.:rolleyes: (BTW, I don't give a crap which year you register, Good solid argument and reasoning is all I care. There are tons of stupid comments made by veterans already)

1 person likes this.
  6. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Okay so I just got back home to Houston for the Winter holidays. I remember everyone complaining about Comcast. Will I be able to watch this game tonight from home or will I need to go watch it at a bar? Thanks.

7. kozmo

kozmo Member

Irving is better than harden....

1 person likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

go back and read his post dude

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7444724&postcount=1196

9. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Good point. The difficulty Morey face is that: he has 2 years to make the team very competitive (Les mentioned in that SI article that he would give 2 years before change direction). As you said, Morey might want to make a trade that down the line will get him even better players. But that also means change the roster again and damage the chemistry already built. I guess he has to find a balance on that. Harden is the cornerstone that Morey wants to keep for long time (in Morey's words: Harden's whole career). Whatever player Morey is looking must fit Harden's style and strengths, not comprising it. That's why I think the one that's most urgent is PnR finisher (Harden is elite on PnR and so far Rox hasn't make the best use of that due to lack of big man in the paint) and sharp shooter that can score from Harden's superb play-making.

10. Akim523

Akim523 Member

I have and he acknowledged that Irving is better than Lin, he was talking about whether Irving's playing style would fit Harden. It's a valid argument, both Harden and Irving are ball dominante, especially Irving, with a USG over 30, It's a legit concern whether him and Harden could be effective without sacrifice either one or both's production.

I still dont get what your problem is, sure Lin fans can be really sensitive and overly protective, but what you've been doing is the exact opposite --- assuming every single argument supporting Lin is from LOFs.

Please Tinman, its gotta stop.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

dude, if you got someone that talented, you'd figure it out.
    there are plenty of scoring point guards who work well with scorers.

hey isn't Westbrook and Durant a top 2 duo?

how about i throw you back to the old school, Sam Cassell/Ray Allen?

It's about talent and learning how to play with each other.

12. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Prayin for jlin and harden to find chemistry for this msg game.

13. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Yes they are, and it took them years to become the dynamic duo they are now. Btw, Durant's game is vastly different from Harden's.

Ray Allen isn't a ball dominant guard.

I have no doubt Irving and Harden would work it out, but it takes time, same as Lin and Harden --- No, I did not say Lin is as talented as Irving.

14. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

I agree 100%, and the guys on this roster are working hard to figure it out. It's been pretty darn good basketball so far this season. I love CF for all the intelligent and thoughtful posts, and I certainly wish there were a little less name calling. Respect.

Go Rockets!

15. Grigori

Grigori Member

Sometimes refs just call fouls a certain way, you just have to exploit it. Requesting fouls is lame and rarely works anyway. So they are not calling fouls on illegal screens? Start setting them. They set 2 lazy screens on Calderon early in the game, McHales called an early timeout, apparently to "make the adjustment" to stop screening Calderon instead of setting harder screens on Calderon. The Rockets proceed not to set another real screen on Calderon until midway through the 3rd.

Sometimes it's a curse paying attention to these obvious coaching fails. It's not doing wonders for the blood pressure...