1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 1/13/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2007.

1. fbagulbagul

fbagulbagul Member

yeah he did brag that he finally made free throws tonight...geez...

1st overtime win of the season!

2. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

We made so many mistakes throughout the game, which makes the win even more impressive.

You can't fault the effort and composure though

Man, we're getting contributions from 2nd year nobodies like Luther and Chuck and a couple of old farts

I love this team

JVG for president. No one can get what JVG is getting out of Chucky and Rafer and Luther.

I love this team. A lot of heart.

3. windfern

windfern Member

Great game, great win.

4. teetime

teetime Member

Yea.. I was bummed out too :( I hope the Saints go all the way, their running attack is just too much.

What a clutch win for the rockets, I thought they were going to fold in OT, but they proved me wrong. These Rockets are playing with much passion and intensity !

5. rocketgo

rocketgo Member

The three quarters rule is working, when we led them into the 4th quarter I thought we would win.
    Now, 25-4 when rox lead into the 4th quarter.

6. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Cornelious Williamson is not a scrubs, that dude is a straight balla. He's like Chuck Hayes with good post moves and soft touch.

7. macfan

I can understand you being frustrated with Rafer's play. This is a personal attack though.

Rafer is a very nice guy who plays hard, but does not quite have everything that it takes to run a NBA contender/team. Nobody goes from a regular player to a championship caliber player in a year. There are always growing pains.
    Frankly, I am very happy with how Rafer is responding.

He's a great guy among the greatest group of character in the NBA

Enjoy his success and his failures

8. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Yes, Rafer is still a piece of sh** as a starter. I will remind you again when he costs us a playoff game. A couple of good games won't change my mind. I will gladly eat crow if he keeps this up for the remainder of the season. I want the guy to do well because I want the team to do well.

#548 tigermission1, Jan 14, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  9. pearlon

pearlon Member

anyone know if Battier is ok? he ran to the locker room right after he got hit on the head by an elbow when he drew that key charge. his head was bleeding i think...

hope he's alright, his brain is his biggest asset :)

10. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

WTH are u talking about ass?! he had the second highest pts in our team tonight with 22pts!!!

11. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I was quoting Tigermission, genius. Notice the quotation marks. It's called r-e-a-d-i-n-g comprehension. Look into it.

12. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

IIRC, there has been a change in the rule starting this season.

Now division champion can only secure a spot in playoff. The ranking will be purely based on the number of wins!

Which mean with Utah's loss tonight, they are 5th, and we are 4th, behind Dallas Mavericks, Phoenix Sun and San Antonio Spurs.

13. johnrox

johnrox Member

you seem pretty excited about these games, yao isn't playing either

14. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

my bad dude! good to know then! :)

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nice game tonight...big shots all around....and they hit the important free throws.

But, more importantly they regrouped after that BS 3 point bank shot to send the game to OT.....

Tonight...mentally tough.....and I LOVE Battier...

DD

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

This team plays with alot of heart and exhibits excellent chemistry. They fumble and bumble and miss way too many shots, but somehow, someway, they are winning. Don't look like a well oiled machine, they just chug along and do the little things that make a difference. They look like they are going to lose, but they win. TMac's shooting is so streaky, but when he gets in a grove, he can shoot you out of a game. Alston (formerly, O-fer) had a nice game. I actually saw him make TWO (yes, two) "floaters." Definitely, highlight reel material. Did you know that Deke had 18 rebounds. Amazing. I can't believe Howard is playing as well as he is, and Battier keeps making critical plays. Can the Rockets stay with the Mavs. We will find out Tuesday.

17. macfan

Wow, you sound just like Fran Blinebury :)

18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I think "fans" like you are vile. Calling him a piece of sh** in any context is uncalled for. First, it's demonstrably untrue that he's a "piece of sh**" and reflects a knee-jerk reactionary mindset that equates shooting percentage with everything. He has a good assist-to-turnover ratio, has come up clutch in the 4th quarter all year long, is an underrated defender and pushes the tempo enough to make good things happen on offense. He's not my dream point guard, but I think he's good enough to win with. I have no doubt that you will remind the world if and when Rafer plays bad in a playoff loss. You will also remind everyone who reads your posts that you are a miserable twerp who takes more pleasure in pointing out the failures of other, more successful people than by actually adding anything constructive to a discussion.

19. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

maybe i did not watch too many sac-town games but i seriously dont know who the heck is corlies williamson before this game, which makes his performance even more amazing....

20. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

as much as i find myself dreadfully hating Rafer, i have to agree with you :(