1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 5/14/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 13, 2015.

1. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Not sure how they didn't drop below 50% win probability in second quarter; seems like we were ahead for a good stretch, though only by 5.

2. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Got it.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Clippers were also dead tired because their bench didn't give them much, so Doc had to ride Paul and Griffin almost the entire game. Remember that Paul was already in there to start the 4th and Griffin had to come back in very quickly once the Rockets started to cut into that lead. They had nothing left in the tank.

The extra day off will help the Clippers(and the Rockets). But ultimately it's not gonna matter if Paul and Griffin have to carry the load again in Game 7. The same thing happened in the Spurs series. When those two are so heavily relied upon, they get worn down by the 4th quarter.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The Clippers didn't look tired. They looked confused. They stepped off the pedal mentally, the Rockets started making a run, Dwight shut down Blake because he can, not because Blake was more tired than Dwight, and the Clippers were confused. Barnes didn't miss a semi-open three because he was tired. He missed it because he sucks.

The Rockets need the day to practice more than the Clippers. They been generally outplayed throughout the series. They've had 2 games with great 4th quarter runs, plus game 5. Of the 24 quarters played to date, I can only point to those 6 quarters, really, as one to look at... and that's all they've needed to keep it tied.

There is literally no practice the Clippers can do that can prevent that game 6 collapse. It's a happens sometimes thing, and a mental thing.

The Clippers may very well win Game 7, but not because of an extra day of rest... rather because they do what they've done most of the series... namely, score at will, make Harden inefficient, and benefit from "off" 3 point shooting and free throw shooting.

5. ibm

ibm Member

Errr,,,

if only had we won game 1.
    who is like me and still having a little bit of this feeling?

i said it b4 last night, that, if the rockets win game 6, most of the bad taste in my mouth from the blowout losses would be gone, regardless of game 7 outcome. and it's indeed the case for me. even if we lose game 7 in some way (knock on wood), i'd be happy for a fantastic and memorable season. but why am i still feeling a little pain from we losing game 1 (especially in that ugly fashion)? this series could've been over by now with we being the victors, you know.

meanwhile, i am thinking,,, maybe when we get the 16th win and look back, we'll all laugh off that game 1. gsw or cleveland or atlanta or whoever, they've never scared me much.

now i've dangerously upped my expectations. i am thinking,,, maybe this is indeed a team that has something special, maybe we are indeed starting to witness clutch city episode 2.

as a fan, this thought is rather dangerous. i know it. but i just can't help it.

we will soon find out...

6. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Great thread title. 5 stars.

FYI ellipses are constructed of three periods rather than commas...

There is nothing dangerous about watching a basketball game. A championship team is built by overcoming adversity. I don't think we could have challenged the Warriors if we handled the Clippers in 5 or 6.

7. alethios

alethios Member

All the Clipper homers like Jalen Rose and SAS didn't even give credit for the Rockets' 2nd quarter bounceback. They kept saying Clippers had control for the first 3 quarters, and to top it off, they never really gave credit to the Rockets for making this happen, just that the Clippers were tired and collapsed.

8. marky :)

marky :) Member

In the post game, I think Jalen Rose did an ok job of giving the Rockets props. He seemed genuinely happy that he witnessed that big of a comeback. Even said Howard pretty much owned Jordan by doubling all of his stats.

9. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Yea all I've heard is how the clippers "beat themselves" as if the Rockets had no part in it :rolleyes:

10. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Exactly!! Stop spreading lies about Rose, I bought it since it wouldn't surprise me of any ESPN guys...

11. Flop

Flop Member

It's going to be even more difficult to retain Smith and Brewer after last nights game. They were like Batman and Robin.

12. HTM

HTM Member

Josh doesn't have a huge incentive to leave...

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Watch it

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Them boyz was on fire <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/houstonrockets?src=hash">#houstonrockets</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/nbajams?src=hash">#nbajams</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/twinnetwork?src=hash">#twinnetwork</a> tag a <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/rockets?src=hash">#rockets</a> fan <a href="https://twitter.com/dtexanz">@dtexanz</a>… <a href="https://t.co/G17flc3Lof">https://t.co/G17flc3Lof</a></p>&mdash; Twinnetwork (@twinnework) <a href="https://twitter.com/twinnework/status/599261875205971969">May 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  14. Flop

Flop Member

I can see a team offering him $6-7.5 million per which is (iirc) $1-2 million more than he would make if he signs for the min with the Rockets. If he is really about winning then he stays. If he wants to cash out his last contract then he leaves because it could add $10 million to his salary which is not chump change.

With Brew's poor FT/3Pt shooting lately I thought teams would shy away, but not when you replace Harden in an elimination game and put up good numbers in the 4th .

15. ibm

ibm Member

heard this on radio, and now get this: out of a total of 49 possible rebounds on the rockets side, we got 45. no 2nd chance pts for the clips - at all.

this is total ownage. and i believe in game 5 we out-rebounded them big time we well.

16. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why hasn't the time for Game 7 been announced?

17. bratna8

bratna8 Member

They are waiting for the GS/Mem game. They will also play on Sunday if it goes to GM 7.

18. moose

moose Member

anyone know where i can hear the radio call for the game?

19. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

excellent

20. kudos1017

kudos1017 Member

Trevor's reaction on the Smoove dagger 3 >>>