1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 5/14/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 13, 2015.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

I was disgusted in the 3rd and was a second away from turning it off and going to bed. Glad I didn't...granted, watching it on delay so I could fast forward a little helped

2. sew

sew Member

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3. Lando

Lando Member

haha dude woke up with 25+ texts & turned the tv back on

4. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I'm sure the Clippers will come out for blood in the next game, but you have to think there's a monkey on their backs, too. Franchise has never gone to the conference finals, Chris Paul has never gone to the conference finals...no matter how the game goes, that's going to be in the back of their minds. The Rockets need to use that, if they can. Just play smart and hard and keep the pressure on them. Everyone's jocking the Clippers and acting like the Rockets aren't supposed to be here, so the Rockets should play as if they have nothing to lose.

So happy for the team. I hope Harden's feeling better for game 7.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

My only regret about last night: the game wasn't on TNT. Wouldn't you have loved to hear their post game comments?

6. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

I knew Brewer would do good things this series. He brings a certain dynamicism with his driving at weird angles and ability to finish.

McHale showed some coaching ability and strength last night.

7. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Yup, though silencing Jon Barry made it awesome and Tirico was definitely into it: The Brewer three and step back by Josh in particular: "He takes it..AND MAKES IT!!!"

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well thank goodness Brewer and Smith woke up from their hibernation. That was incredible.

Thank goodness McHale went with the guys that were getting it done for the whole comeback.

Thank goodness that the biggest cheerleader from the bench was James Harden. What a great team.

The pattern to the game started out eerily familiar for a Rockets' playoff game at Staples Center. But instead of giving into the pattern and being weighed down by the Clippers' momentum, these Rockets fought back. And they had enough fight in them to win it. It was great! Loved the game.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

The face you make when you go grab a sandwich and the rockets were down 17 and return they up 9..… https://t.co/i1skxIyFPb

— Kenny Smith (@TheJetOnTNT) May 15, 2015

Man I seriously ate my words this is mind blowing. Please help me understand this. #inablinkofandeye — Corey Maggette (@Corey_Maggette) May 15, 2015

Wow…what a comeback! Rockets arent goin down without a fight…and Harden is on the bench! Crazy! #NBAPlayoffs

— Anthony Tolliver (@ATolliver44) May 15, 2015

WOWWW!!!! Did the #Clippers think this game was over? They probably just eliminated them-self from getting to the Western Conference finals. — Carl Landry (@CarlLandry) May 15, 2015

B4 josh took it over. Cory brewer got it cracking

— Dorell Wright (@DWRIGHTWAY1) May 15, 2015

#NBAPlayoffs WHAT a comeback! — chase budinger (@CBudinger) May 15, 2015

Shout out to James for not being thirsty and telling his coach to out him back in.He saw a group getting it done and he believe in his mates

— Dorell Wright (@DWRIGHTWAY1) May 15, 2015

This is unbelievable! What a comeback. Hats off. — Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) May 15, 2015

Josh Smith out there cookin! #NBAPlayoffs #CLIPPERSvsROCKETS

— Roger Mason Jr (@MoneyMase) May 15, 2015

Wow! #NBAPlayoffs #LACvsHOU — Chris Bosh (@chrisbosh) May 15, 2015

Wait what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok Josh I see you!

— BRANDON JENNINGS (@BrandonJennings) May 15, 2015

Stunned — C.J. Watson (@Quietstorm_32) May 15, 2015

How come we can’t get a shot of Ballmer now?

— Tom Tolbert (@byronjr23) May 15, 2015

Josh smith hoopin — Michael Carter-Willi (@MCW1) May 15, 2015

What a comeback by Houston

— Derrick Coleman (@44TheLegend) May 15, 2015

what is happening. — Kendall Marshall (@KButter5) May 15, 2015

They better without Harden right now…on both hands..

— rudy gobert (@rudygobert27) May 15, 2015

rockets showing heart of a champion right now — TJ Ford (@tj_ford) May 15, 2015

The Clippers did not close out the 3rd qtr and the Rockets stole the momentum at the beginning of the 4th qtr.

— Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) May 15, 2015

That’s as impressive of a comeback as you’ll ever see ..sheesh. — John Henson (@_John_Henson_) May 15, 2015

Why? You gotta stop complaining to your grocer about your barber…what an amazing turn of events. https://t.co/du26F1NvFy

— Brent Barry (@Barryathree) May 15, 2015

Josh Smith is the hero for the Rockets knocking down 3 three-pointers and scoring 14pts of his 19pts in the 4th quarter! — Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) May 15, 2015

The Clippers are in a world of trouble after not closing out at home in Game 6 and now having to go to Houston for Game 7.

— Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) May 15, 2015

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2015/05/15/nba-players-react-to-the-houston-rockets-incredible-comeback-in-game-6-against-the-los-angeles-clippers/

1 person likes this.
  10. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

so true!!!

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Oh, those Magic Johnson tweets. He's something.

12. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Now THAT was a comeback for the ages! :)

13. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

My favorite about last nighs game? When Dwight knocked Griffin on his ass. That felt gewwd.

14. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

So proud of these guys!!!!!

"Rockets FANS ON YOUR FEET and PREPARE FOR LIFTOFF for Game 7"

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

This has been one of the craziest playoff series that I can remember. It seems like whichever team can go on an onslaught against the opponent will win. The clippers gave their barrage of punches in the 3rd but the Rockets recovered and came back with their own barrage and then won.

Game 7 is going to be crazy. Both teams have gone through too much to not fight for everything this last game. Cant wait!

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Just unreal. Nothing like this since 1997 at least for the Rockets..thinking back to Eddie Johnson's shot to beat the Jazz.

Nothing like this in Houston since the 18 inning game and Ausmus' improbable HR to tie that thing up.

What a great moment...so glad I stayed up and got to see it with my son. I'll never forget that!

17. SuraGotMadHops

I haven't seen Ballmer sweat that much since his developers speech.

[​IMG]

18. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hMOGVBhiaOs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Lol at Magic Johnson's tweets. Reading his stuff is like watching paint dry. That might be the most boring twitter feed that I've ever seen.

20. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A5_TkS07vc4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>