1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 5/14/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 13, 2015.

1. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Wonderful! Sure the Rockets know this as well! :cool:

2. trigun333

trigun333 Member

adjusted to see text better and complete article

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

clips got a new owner. :)

[​IMG]

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

You guys are all winners with posting these photos, awesome stuff!!!!

6. jd3

jd3 Contributing Member

Clutch City Baby!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/SportsTalk790">@SportsTalk790</a> the building mgmt company of my office told me to remove the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ClutchCity?src=hash">#ClutchCity</a> letters. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/haters?src=hash">#haters</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/clipperfan?src=hash">#clipperfan</a>? <a href="http://t.co/1ov5Uq641p">pic.twitter.com/1ov5Uq641p</a></p>&mdash; The Nola Crew (@thenolacrew) <a href="https://twitter.com/thenolacrew/status/599269651558727680">May 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  7. Flop

Flop Member

Correction: The Rockets had 7 extra days of rest since their first playoff game, while the Clippers only 1. This is due to the Clippers playing their first playoff game 4 days after the Rockets, so they compressed that series the most and spread the Rockets series out the most. Then the Clippers played 7 games against San Antonio and the Rockets only played 5 against the Mavs.

I called it and it makes sense. This extra day of rest will help the Clippers more than it helps the Rockets. Blake said they were tired after the last game, because they haven't played with more than 1 day rest for over 3 weeks now.

8. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeAndre_Jordan

Hyland DeAndre Jordan, Jr. (born July 21, 1988) is an American professional basketball player for the Los Angeles Clippers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He is also a pet for the Houston Rockets. Standing at 6 ft 11 in (2.11 m), he plays the center position. He played a year of college basketball at Texas A&M University. He was drafted by the Clippers with the 35th overall pick in the 2008 NBA draft. He is also the active iron man leader for consecutive games played in the NBA.[1]

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oh, poor, poor Blake Griffin. I'm waiting to see if he can conjure tears for his next flop in Game 7.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Harden and Howard and Co will benefit from the extra day's rest too.

11. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

True story. Did you do that?

12. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The extra day of rest won't matter when the Rockets deliver the knockout blow Sunday.

13. cocoadough

cocoadough Member

TC better be ROCKING on Sunday

14. Flop

Flop Member

Final correction: They did not start 4 days after (I counted an extra game for the Rockets). The number is 6 extra days rest for the Rockets to 1 for the Clippers since their first playoff games.

Sorry, I am using Google calendar schedule and it's not very good.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The extra rest will have no factor on the outcome of Game 7.

If either team wins by 1 or by 20, it won't be because they benefited more or less from the extra rest, either now, or through the post-season in general.

Everybody will be primed to play.

16. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I understand all of this, except the part where the Clippers game 1 vs. San Antonio on Sunday April 19 was four days after the Rockets game 1 vs. Dallas on Saturday April 18. Or maybe I understand none of it. But it seems like that's a big part of your claim.

17. marky :)

marky :) Member

Who cares? They're going to have so much adrenaline pumping for a game 7 that it won't matter. Once they step on that court and the ball is thrown into the air for the opening tip-off it won't matter.

18. ibm

ibm Member

i feel in theory the extra day will benefit the rockets a little more.

when your legs and body are sore, one extra day helps to recover. the clips legs are dead anyway, from the spurs series and battling us. they probably need a week or something to feel normal. the marginal benefit w/ one more day for them is very little.

also, i've noticed griffin's #s would drop tremendously in the 2nd half. to me it appears he's gassed in the late stages of the games.

19. Flop

Flop Member

I disagree. When you only have 1 day off to rest then it is hard to practice. I don't think the Clippers have been able to seriously practice for over 3 weeks.

You can't say we received no benefit from tired legs last night at the end of the game. The Clippers looked dead tired. The Spurs series may have primed them up, but they didn't use much of their bench so fatigue finally set in last night.

20. Flop

Flop Member

Sorry, I updated it in the post above. I had trouble finding a good calendar view of these games.