1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 11/23/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 22, 2012.

1. kozmo

kozmo Member

Yea Lin's not selfish and he can speak in Full sentences.....

2. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Thanks for the heads up, man!!!!!!!!

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Can somebody pm of where to watch this game via stream? Thank You

PS I do not have League Pass.

4. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Somehow those are not the requirements to be successful in NBA. There is a reason why Harvard grads rarely make it in any sports.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

First Rockets game of the year for me, so naturally I'm really excited. Knicks will be tough, but when the Rockets are hitting their shots, they can compete with anybody. Hopefully they pull out the win!

6. me005

me005 Member

7. VivaChelseaFC

VivaChelseaFC Member

Statement game for Jeremy Lin. Need to really step up or BSPN would have a field day....

8. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

I'm a big Lin supporter. He's going to get punked tonight. He will just have to accept it, and move on. There will be one more of these this year, in New York. Expect Melo, JR Smith, Felton and Dolan all to gloat. Also the New York press.

This is how it works. J-Lin will have to learn from it, and grow from it.

Felton is right, he's been in the league longer and he's just more established than Lin. First thing for Jeremy to do is admit where he's at, work on his body, get mad and focused, and work on his game.

Guy's been doubted before. He's used to that. Now he just needs to dig in, for the long haul.

New York says they're not going to try to embarrass Lin. Right, sure. He just needs to know what it is, let it go, play his game and move on to the next game.

Hopefully, Houston can win this game.

9. kozmo

kozmo Member

Really? Just making a joke about the Knicks. I was a knick fan for 45 years. Watche them lose year after year.....no sense of team, selfish. I stopped watching a few years ago because i hated the players in the NBA....Tras talking disrespectful. Kobe Bryant knows Lin to the floor and stands over him scolling like what he did was good...... I hate these guys and their attitudes.

Lin was different, someone who could count to 10... someone who played team ball and inspired his teammates to another level. I wish he were doing this in Houston...hes not...hopefully....

10. kozmo

kozmo Member

I really hope Lin plays well tonight

11. BARocketsFan

BARocketsFan Member

Good point!

12. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

Linsanity is not about 1 game...so tonights game has no any special importance...lin is a great nba star and few bad games wont take that status...as well as one great game wont help him...

13. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

It's kind of ridiculous that ESPN isn't carrying this game, now that I think about it.

14. sidestep

sidestep Member

I think it's the other way around: Lin has been, for most games, very uncomfortable on the court, unlike his stretch of games in NY. This season, I've seen him wipe his hands on shorts many times, as if wiping nervous sweat from his hands. And the most obvious sign of not being relaxed and comfortable -- he's just thinking too much out there instead of playing more by instinct. Hence the hesitation.

I think this game is probably much bigger for us viewers than for Lin himself, who has put enormous pressure on himself for every game. And so far, by overthinking or whatever, he hasn't performed well under this pressure. That's why I think it's unlikely his game performance tonight will be vastly better than the recent ones.

15. nono

nono Member

It's wonderful actually. If not I wouldn't be able to watch the game on League Pass.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think Lin will have a big game.

17. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

And Lin is different in a very nice way. He actually can read and write. Maybe that's why other NBA players dislike him so much. NBA is a black man's sport. Lin sticks out like a sore thumb in the association. There is very little we can do to change that.

As a Rox fan, I hope Lin would beat the crap out of Knicks tonight.

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Sampson says we may see more of Daequan Cook tonight.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans.net (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/272130054660685824" data-datetime="2012-11-24T00:10:35+00:00">November 24, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Lin denying it but this game is big for his confidence going forward. Deep down he's still miss the stage and fans in NY so he'll give his best shot. But it'll crush his confidence if he get embarrassed in MSG or it might help him get over the slump and set tone for rest of season

20. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Funny stuff, no idea what it meant but funny nonetheless.