1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 11/23/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 22, 2012.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I really hope Lin manages to break out of his funk in this game. That would be a huge statement for him and a major confidence booster. Plus, the Knicks have kind of been dicks to him (not a surprise, considering the character of the guys they have on that squad).

2. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

What was that quote from a few months back? They didn't feel Lin fit in with the "culture of the team" or something?

To me that was like glowing praise, since it was coming from the most dysfunctional team in all of sports.

3. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Yea I laughed out loud on that one.

The culture of the Knicks? Ask Isiah Thomas. ;)

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

Why would Sampson not want that?

5. addictionary

addictionary Member

6. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Knicks have a culture?

7. Exel

Exel Member

Jeremy needs to stop over thinking his play for this game and just let his emotions and instincts take over. He has all the motivation in the world to come out and play the Knicks hard tonight. I want to see him be a huge factor in why the Rockets beat the Knicks tonight. Go Rockets!

8. Karolik

Karolik Member

Going to be a beatdown NY Knicks Style. Hope Lin is prepared and fans will be seeing a lot of Douglas this game.

9. booster rocket

maybe when lin was a knick that he was always 'uncomfortable' so to speak, so he felt pressure to bring his best game all the time. somehow he rose to the occasion. Perhaps lin is now just too damn 'comfortable now in houston', too fuzzy and warm, and now his edge is blunted? just a random thought.

10. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

I see a really physical game tonight, by the Knicks, that is.

We could really use an enforcer like Artest. JR Smith, Kidd and Felton will take turn beating up Lin tonight. Houston medical staff better stay alert.

11. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

who is blaming Lin? my beef is with Patterson...I mention Lin in my post cause he he has 4 less total rebounds than Patterson which shouldn't be....I was saying I wish we had Varejao who is avg 13ppg and 13rbg while Patterson is avg 12.7ppg and 5.2rpg

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The Rockets are about in the same situation as the last three years. To good to tank, and not good enough to vie for a decent playoff spot. Actually I don't think they are competing for a playoff spot at all.

Having said that, the Rockets are in a completely different situation from a youth standpoint. Youngest team etc. So I am ambivalent about winning the games. Every game lost boosts them up in the lottery. Every game won increases their confidence.

So I do not hang on every game. I enjoy them, win or lose, paying close attention to player development.

13. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Wow after 12 games...you ready to compare this team? We have 70 more games yet to play, lets not jump off the balcony yet....I understand the frustration cause I had the same thought but 70 games is a lot of games to play. I'm just glad this team kept it together cause a lot of teams would be ready to mail it in when the head coach have to leave. Wait until after 30 games please!!!!

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

hopefully Lin can snap out of it and go off tonight

15. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

I cant watch Lin be made into a spot up shooter...even if he hits every 3 pointer in the game

its not what attracted me to his game... it not exciting enough to watch

im going to watch the game and the Knicks bullboard forums to gauge how they think Lin is being used...

and then ill probably retire this account...

16. kastuul

kastuul Member

Hopefully, the Knicks will target on Lin and let Harden do his things

17. M4-Nightvision

I know Melo, Felton and the knicks are hype and ready to play Jeremy Lin and the Rockets. They want to shut Linsanity down and prove to the world that they are better than Jeremy .

I hope the rockets have Jeremy back cause this game is gonna be a bang.

18. zhaizor

zhaizor Member

19. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

lol just go already. What's the point of even posting about it.

20. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

We need an Artest. Please sign a dirty player or a player who's not afraid to back up a teammate. I want somebody to smack JR smith in the face.

But Rockets will lose when NY rain threes inside TC.