1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] BimaThug: Sit Tight and Play the Hand

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Rocketfanatic2

Good article. I've been thinking that maybe keeping this team we have together is the better idea rather than going in search of a "top" free agent.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Sensible and well written. Thanks, Bima and Clutch.

4. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Great article, I agree with most stated.

We'd be best to just wait and see what opens up at the trade deadline or next year.

5. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

great read, a breath of fresh air compared to all the defeatism in the GARM since bosh made his decision, thanks for posting clutch and bima :cool:

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Pretty much and the fan base will be in a fervor again come trade deadline time. Carmello is a pipe dream if you ask me and granger is kevin martin part 2 in both stats and health. I think they should just hit the reset button. They need to get back in the portland/ok city/heat win window vs trying to stay in this window in which they can't win in right now.

7. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

I want me some danny granger

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've got hand.
    [​IMG]

9. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Great job Bima. I really think upgrading the 3 is more important than upgrading the pf spot.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Great article by Bima, thanks for posting Clutch. :)

11. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Great article Bima.

12. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

That is the DD approach and its not that bad an idea, but all will depend on Yao's health.

13. Prince

Prince Member

BimaThug is D. Morey.

14. Rocketfanatic2

I agree. Seems like everything these days related to Rockets basketball depends on Yao's health though.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The DD approach is that either you believe the Rockets are a shoe-in to win the 2011 Championship as is, or you think they are going to go 0-82. There is no in-between.

Anyway, great article Bima. Assuming Yao stays healthy....this should be a fun team to watch next year.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Great article! Morey card counter. Team in good hand. We celebrate.

17. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Nice article. Kind of depressing if you are impatient like I am. I assume that we will settle with Hill as the back up C?

18. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

we'll be over luxury tax hold?

19. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Spot on, stay away from FAgency and try to improve via trade either now or at the deadline if there is a significant upgrade to be had.

20. Nero

Nero Member

Tremendous article, but it does indulge in a bit of whistling-past-the-graveyard concerning our backup 5 spot.

As much as I love Yao, and as much as I want to believe with all my heart that *this year will be different*, and he will actually remain both healthy and highly productive for the entire season and playoff run, not only would it be unrealistic for the fans to actually blindly expect such a thing, but it would be devastatingly foolish for Morey to do so.

And we know DM is not devastatingly foolish.

This team MUST acquire a legitimate starter-level backup for Yao if it has any intentions of competing for/in the playoffs if Yao should go down again.

So yes we can talk about the financial wisdom of doing nothing this season, and they are all good valid points.

But they could also be good valid points which lead to another .500 season. And that would not leave the fan base or the organization with the same warm fuzzy feelings a second time that it did the first time.

They are going to have to bite the bullet and roll the dice on someone - Shaq, BMiller, someone. Unless everyone is comfortable with Jordan Hill as our starting center if the unthinkable actually happens and Yao goes down yet again.

1 person likes this.