1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela is a mediocre rebounder and a low IQ defender

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1510 Polk St, Jan 6, 2018.

1. 1510 Polk St

1510 Polk St Member

Many times it seems to be lost watching the ball bounce like a meteor. He always gets out of position when theam switch on D.

When the games get tough he's always absent. A team that aspires to win a championship must have maturity in the center position.

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Capela should've had a 25/15 game if he wants to get paid next year. Drummond was out so it should've been easy pickings for him.

BigShasta likes this.
  3. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

For his Age hes much more than fine, but we cant wait it out IMO. We need a Bully protecting our rim and i think we should root for the clip do nosedive so they can take capela and give us DJ. It is a win now move for sure but also if he agrees to forgo his player option knowing we will resign him with a deal already agreed upon he would do it to play in houston.

Crashlanded19 and 1510 Polk St like this.
  4. anchel

anchel Member

He's a very good rebounder (not top level but very good) and has a nice basket IQ for a young center. He just needs to play at a higher level of intensity. My opinion:

- He's more talented than people thinks and makes numbers with ease.
    - He's made a lot of progress.
    - Team really misses his size, length, athleticism and points when he's out. So the fans, coaches, and the whole team value him very highly.
    - He's gonna get a huge contract next summer.
    - He's aware of all that and it causes in him certain level of conformism, that's the reason why you don't see him play with that sense of urgency and toughness. You can feel some conformism with the position he's at. And it's understandable.

Bo6, BigMaloe, True Rocket and 4 others like this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly .. . he is like DeAndre Jordan . . .. . 5 yrs ago
    Watching DeAndre the other night .. . I see the muscular difference between him and Capela
    and that is the whole difference in them

Capela is quicker but unfortunately he does not use to well enough outside of some alley oops

Rocket River

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think the lack of mentorship and a proper back up hurts as well

Rocket River

hongxingli and alethios like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

anyone saying that Capela is a mediocre rebounder is incredibly offbase and not paying attention...

8. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I wanna add...hes teh least of our problems. But he might be the only way to get rid of ryno. Maybe EG but i font think a 1st does it anymore

napalm06 likes this.
  9. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

He gets gassed too quickly which is concerning. He plays minutes comparable to a bench player. He can't expect max contract if his stamina doesn't improve.

OTMax, saleem, Crashlanded19 and 3 others like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I just got a BR notification saying that the Clippers would strongly consider trading DJ for Thompson, Frye, and the Nets’ pick.

The Rockets’ equivalent of that offer would be what? I think Ryno+Capela stacks up.

11. macan

macan Member

can we do a capela + ryno for Jordan + lou??Make it happen Morey!

12. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

He’s too soft and doesn’t protect the paint well, and you can’t depend on him to play significant minutes. Giving him the max is just ridiculous.

roxallways likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Take it easy guys, i'm not against trading Capela if the right deal is on the table but right now all the team is playing like ****, there's no energy whatsoever out there by anyone. Be real for a second, don't let the rage of the moment blind you too much.

Not sure about it but, if they trade DeAndre they would need a center, Thompson even if mediocre like Ryan fits that need, Ryan would be a 20M brick playing behind Blake so, between the Nets pick and Capela i'd say they would pick the Nets pick.

Personally i don't think they will trade the pick, certainly not for DeAndre.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

if they trade DJ they won’t be going anywhere so I’m thinking that they won’t care too much about Ryno’s fit on the team

With the Nets’ pick, it’s currently 9th. Capela is worth a lottery pick IMO. Is he equivalent to the 9th overall pick tho?

I agree with u that I don’t think Cleveland gives up that pick for DJ...it’s their only insurance in case Lebron leaves

Vivi likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i'm not sure Capela has equivalent value of a top 10 pick, probably not, maybe close, but that may change a bit depending on the trade partner, and in the Clippers view i think he might since he would fit there and i'm not sure they necessarily need a very young player over a player like Clint which is still young but not so young that they would be forced to wait for him to develop.

The problem is that if Clint is going to get paid, if you consider his 20/25M per year salary, Blake's max, Gallo making 20M, Ryan making 20M, Lou expring and i'm pretty sure they will try to resign him, Pat is going to expire in a year...i think that would be too much, and way too risky too since they already have an overpaid injury prone player in Gallo, someone would say Blake is another one...

As for the pick yeah, that's the point, if they don't know if Lebron is staying i don't see them trade it at all.

Beardaholic13 and Reeko like this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think John Lucas can do something with DeAndre

Rocket River

17. threepointshot3

Capela without Harden feeding him the ball is just not that good. Harden being the best pick and roll passer in the world just makes Clints life alot easier.

YaoMing#1, saleem and buffalobills!!! like this.
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Capela is fine . He's playing on an injury and we are riding him because MDA has no other ideas .

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If he is very injured. . . sit him

Rocket River

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

good points

How would u feel about a Ryno+Capela for DJ trade tho? Would u be in favor of it or nah?

Vivi likes this.