1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela is a mediocre rebounder and a low IQ defender

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1510 Polk St, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I know I would do it. . . .
    DJ will be good for at least 3 more years
    and
    we *have* to get Ryan off the books

Rocket River

Beardaholic13 and Reeko like this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah right.....LOL. Maybe if they are smoking crack. Lou is shooting over .400 from behind the arc this year. He is shooting better than anyone on our team other than Gerald Green, who you really can't compare with so few games.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

I still like Capela over DeAndre because i think (and i'm probably wrong) he can still develop his game overall, but if that trade means we can get another top player (Lebron or PG) without losing other parts like Gordon, Trevor etc, you just do that and never look back imo. Even better if DeAndre is willing to take less money.

I'm confident Chris will know fairly early this summer if Lebron is coming (and if DeAndre is willing to do the same) or not, that should give Morey enough time to work his magic and be in the position to get Lebron in one way or another.

Reeko likes this.
  4. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Doesnt the nets pick already go to the Cavs in the kyrie deal?

5. threepointshot3

The more i watch DJ play and considering he would consider a discount why not? plus the hack a jordan is not as sucessfull this season.

6. Rockets4Life13

You had like 5 games to see how valuable he is when he was out. He is definetely valuable.

BUT idk why, maybe it’s just me but he seems to be soft as fk sometimes and that’s not good for us because we need a badboy center. A rough rider that will do the dirty work and maybe even be a dirty player at times. He’s not that guy.

Btw for the DJ comparisons: he’s not nearly as strong as DJ, not as athletic (DJ can jump out of the building) but he is pretty close. Better touch imo.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m starting to be in the same camp that you’re in

I love Capela and he’s always improving, but if we’re trying to win now, DJ has 2 big advantages over Capela that can’t be ignored...he can be counted on to play 30-35 minutes every night, and he won’t get pushed around by dudes like Adams and other really big/strong dudes that Capela can have his struggles against although he’s getting better at holding his own and has had some good games against some of the top C’s

hack-a-DJ would kill me (DJ is surprisingly shooting 60% from the line this year, but I don’t trust that to hold up), but Capela’s free throws have been regressing for a while now

I think DJ would be energized playing for his home town...he’s kind of slipped as a rim protector this year, but I think that has a lot to do with him being on a bad team headed nowhere...he’s not motivated

that hack-a-DJ tho...last thing I need is for my Dwight PTSD to start kicking in

OTMax likes this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

no way in hell jerry west takes on ryno's contract though

9. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Lol I don’t think we would get Lou back. Would be nice though. Lou is playing great for them while Blake was out he was the one keeping them alive and winning games for them.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s not like Thompson has a good contract tho (he has 2 more years on his deal just like Ryno, and he only makes a little less than Ryno does)...his contract is trash too, and the Clippers thinking they can get that BK pick is wishful thinking

an asset like Capela may be the best thing they get back, especially if DJ starts letting it be known that he won’t re-sign in certain places (Milwaukee for example who could really use him)

11. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

Yeah Lou is putting up career numbers. No way they trade him

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, the Cavs can trade it tho

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I would do that because it also moves Ryno.

However, it doesn't solve our two most crucial problems: PF #1 and PG #2

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

there's 27 other teams out there as well. so before committing seppuku on ryno's contract jerry will probably make 27 phone calls :D

15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I'm sure the Clips would. But Cleveland wouldn't. Cleveland isn't giving up the Nets' pick without a commitment from LeBron, which isn't happening, and certainly not for DJ, who can opt out this summer and leave Cleveland with nothing.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

true...just gotta see who shakes out on the buyout market

my wishful thinking for a trade is Jarrett Jack if the Knicks continue to slide out of playoff contention with their road heavy schedule coming up and decide that they want to make Frank the starter and start playing their younger players like Ron Baker more

BigMaloe and napalm06 like this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Right now this is how I see each of our positions, and whether they make us a contender, or hold us back from contending:

C1 - Capela - Contender
    C2 - Nene/Black - Flawed
    PF1 - Ryno - Critically Flawed
    PF2 - Tucker - Critically Flawed

SF1 - Ariza - Contender
    SF2 - Moute - Contender
    SF3 - Green - Contender
    SG1 - Harden - Contender
    SG2 - Gordon - Contender
    PG1 - Paul - Contender
    PG2 - Weber - Critically Flawed

Our PF spot is a mess. Changing that alone could make a huge difference.

18. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I agree with you Capela is gonna be a great player in a couple years. However, we do need a great rim protector right now. Someone who doesn’t get push off easily and who can do what Clint does. Like run and get easy dunks.
    Also Capela does get lost a lot of times in defense or doesn’t switch back when he can.

If he keeps playing like this I don’t think we will bring him back if we have someone like DJ wanting to come with a discount.

But yea he will get better he is quick and he will get pay soon. I also think we miss him because we don’t have anyone like him on the team. Nene is old and black for some reason isn’t on the same page.

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I’m in the trade him for DJ camp now.

It’s be a big upgrade talent and toughness wise.

I’d try to get Lou and willie reed as well.

20. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

I read it wrong. I thought it was about DJ to the nets. Thats why I thought they didnt have a 1st to trade. DJ to Cavs makes much more sense than him to the nets.