1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Lowry Glad to be Back in Houston, if only for a game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Nov 26, 2012.

1. krouchchocolate

Lowry is going to beast it up because he is facing his former team. He usually has a good game when playing against memphis.

2. MT1417

MT1417 Member

I was chatting with another fan on the Lin vs. Lowry topic. He’s rooting for the Rockets to win this game, but despite that, he was also very honest that he is hoping for Lowry to own Lin in the worst way possible. Why? Because it reinforces the point that he’s right all along – that the Lin signing is a terrible move and both Lowry and Dragic are so much better than Lin.

I won’t be surprised if there are fans on the board who feel the same way. I would rather have Lowry and of course, Dragic than Lin. But the fact remains they aren't Rockets anymore.

I will continue to root for Dragic in Phoenix, but when it comes to Lin vs. Dragic, I pray that Lin outplays Dragic every single time just because Lin is a Rocket now.

Too bad Lin hasn’t been playing well, hopefully that changes soon.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lowry will get the ball out of lins hands that's for sure. Harden confirmed for pg tomorrow night and Lin a spot up shooter

4. JamesBearden13

Part of the reason Lowry beasts it up when playing Memphis is because they chose Mike Conley Jr. over him. IMO, that was the wrong decision by Memphis, but worked out well for the Rockets.

I remember watching Kyle for the first time against the Rockets. He only played around seven or eight minutes, but I could tell he was going to be a solid player in the league. He uses his body well when driving through the lane and he developed a great three point shot while with the Rockets.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

I think we might actually see a Lin vs. Lowry matchup. The Rockets should be running a ton of PnRs against Bargnani, and Lin for all his warts is a sound PnR player. And the Toronto interior defense simply isn't all that good, while the Rockets are surprisingly great in this regards.

I loved Lowry's play and all, but when did he became a class act? If anything, I liked how he always had that edge to him by being somewhat of an a-hole. Thought his drive to be a starter, which led him out of Memphis in the first place, was what made him the player he is today.

Class act is more like Patterson: physical speciman, great skills, doesn't want to be more than a role player.

6. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

7. catch22

catch22 Member

i am a fan of lowry, tried to watch some raptors games but god they are awful, so stopped watching

8. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Perhaps you should refer your friend to this thread:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=229808

The Rockets didn't choose Lin over Dragic or Lowry. Both of them left and Lin was signed because we didn't have any remaining PGs.

9. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

i am prayin for lin

10. MT1417

MT1417 Member

He knows, just like many of the fans here. But it doesn't matter because he felt that the Rockets could have tried harder to keep either. Plus Lin's playing bad now so coupled with all these factors, Lin's last Rocket on his favorite list. He'd rather watch TD play. Some people are this extreme.

11. JorgePenha

JorgePenha Member

Lin is playing pretty solid

Top 5 Guard (PG+SG) stats on rebounds and blocks

Top 20 overall on Assists and Steals (very close to up to top10)

He is just not scoring so much.

Because for a PG the only stat that matter is the W.

LIN is the PERFECT PLAYMAKER AND FACILITATOR.

---

Or you will be like Lowry.

High score but his team lose...

---

12. JorgePenha

JorgePenha Member

---

anyways

Lowry must hate Houston or their people

or he didnt had request to leave...

Thats is the reality

---

13. JorgePenha

JorgePenha Member

and i cant blame him for this

14. gengar

gengar Member

+1 to you sir.

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

First of all, I'm wishing McHale positive thoughts but....

Definitely blame McHale for sending this guy packing. Kyle had too many skills for McHale to handle...he needed more control, in the same way Lin has been treated. Kyle was never a "yes man." But, he played hard, got his teammates involved and had a fight that Jeremy does not yet have.

16. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Don't post anymore. It's obvious that your NBA knowledge is weak and you seem to be one of the biggest Lin homers on the board.

17. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

TROLL

18. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

You know for that one season of 08-09 it was an argueable move when your goal is to win it all. Rafer helped the Magic get to the finals and Lowry struggled in the playoffs averaging 5.3 points on 33% shooting (25% from 3) with a 2.5 to 1.3 assist to turnover ratio and 2.9 rebounds. This was the season we beat Portland and pushed the Lakers to 7 games.

Of course after that point Lowry clearly was the better player, and there is certainly a case to be made that Rafer would have never accepted a back up role to Brooks.

I really enjoy watching Lowry play and expect him to put up a great game tonight against us. Still he has had some injuries this year and the Raptors only have 3 wins so far. This is a game the Rockets should win.

19. svendraker

svendraker Member

I hope Jlin sucks so that he can be traded to the lakers for gasol.... a win win for the rockets and Jlin.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You make me hate Lin. Congrats