1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Lowry Glad to be Back in Houston, if only for a game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Donatello

Donatello Member

That looked like a typical Lin stat-line this season...

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That's because you were too busy focusing on Lin and not the rest of the game.

3. adamzee

adamzee Member

i was too busy watching the rockets win. what exactly was lowry doing?

4. SK34

SK34 Member

Great showing for Lin. I give him props for that. I hope he keeps this up. But its only been 2 games and ALL THE LIN fans are back at it.

This is the 1st bad game i've seen Lowry had offensively this year. Well maybe last game also with a pathetic field goal percentage but still managed to do other things for his team.

5. adamzee

adamzee Member

yeah, due to hardly ever touching the basketball. was that lowry's excuse this game too? honestly, this thread convinced me he was going to go off. nevermind.

6. SK34

SK34 Member

IF you were watching the Rockets win, then you should have been watching every aspect of the game.

7. adamzee

adamzee Member

i recall harden, lin, and asik doing something. can't recall much of what lowry did. feel free to jog our memories.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Let's start with 8 rebounds.

Second most rebounds in the game from the shortest guy in the starting lineup in both teams.

9. adamzee

adamzee Member

amazing. doesn't get much better than that.

10. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

That's silly. What if he's a troll that pretends to be a crazy LoF just to get that reaction?

If you judge Lin based on some LoFs then how is that not like judging an entire group based on the actions of a few?

11. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Can we just give this a rest? Lowry is a Raptors player, if you all want to debate his merits/demerits please go to the Raptors' board.

It's not like he's ever coming back to the Rockets. Some of you guys remind me of guys that get dumped by their girlfriend and end up stalking her no matter how many times she tells you she's not interested. Move on folks.

P.S. It's pretty disgraceful for someone who considers themselves a 'rocket's fan' to want any player on an opposing team to outplay any player on their team.

12. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

nice to see Jlin get back his shooting sights zeroed. Went abit flat in the 3rd and early 4th for him , but he picked it up mid 4th. PLEASE No proclaimation of linsainty yet - don't jinx him

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Agreed, perhaps you should re-watch the game and look at the 9 other players on the court.

14. Dei

Dei Member

He had an off game so here come all the LOFs ignoring the averages.

Considering you weren't here to watch him grow, I suggest you STFU.

15. svendraker

svendraker Member

this is just just one game I hopes this continue not only for Jlin but other rockets player. ball movement was so good at this game.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Good luck to Lowry, liked him when he was a Rocket. Now he is a Raptor and they got their asses handed to them by the Houston Rockets. Awesome game, the entire team did well.

Including another Rocket, Jeremy Lin. Lin is trending up the past 2 games. Small sample size but seeing him play like this gets me excited for the Rockets' future. This group of guys love playing with one another and for their coach (McHale), and it shows.

17. adamzee

adamzee Member

well, perhaps you can tell us why he was pretty much benched in the second half?

18. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

Agree, if Lowry played along Harden, he would get triple double, like 20,14,15.

19. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

please be gracious LOF - Jlin performed well against lowry - respect Lowry and let us move on with current Rockets team

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Why do you keep saying "us" and "our"?

It's just you so far who doesn't seem to know anything about the player who developed as a top PG as a Rocket.

And to answer your question, it's called watching the game.

Lowry played 6 minutes in the third and 6 minutes in the 4th. Of course you wouldn't know that as you only focus on 1 player on the court. That's why you thought he was "benched in the second half".