1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Traded to Rockets!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 28, 2017.

?

Do you like the trade of Beverley, LouWill, Dekker, Harrell, 1st rounder to LAC for Chris Paul

Poll closed Jul 19, 2017.
  1. YES

676 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. NO

87 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

That SMOY award really meant something to him!

Lou Williams back in L.A. with Clippers after ‘bad breakup’ with Rockets

“Teams know what I bring to the table,” Williams said. “It’s no surprise that I got traded, no surprise that I was in trade rumors. It’s part of the business. All these teams are trying to get better, everybody’s trying to level up with the competition. I don’t take it personally.”

And yet, he labels his departure from the Rockets a “bad breakup.”

On the day of the Paul trade, Williams tweeted, “Thanx houston for the love. But let’s pretend like those 3 months didn’t happen.”

It was a far cry from the syrupy farewells most players share when they leave a team.

“Sometimes you get into these situations where people are going to put these long heartfelt messages on your Instagram or your Twitters and you probably don’t mean it,” Williams said. “I enjoyed my time in Houston but it was short-lived and it really didn’t make a huge impression on my life.”

The midseason trade from the Lakers interrupted one of the best seasons of his career. Williams led the Lakers with 18.6 points in 58 games, all but one of them off the bench. Had he not been traded, he believes he would have won his second Sixth Man of the Year award in three years.

“For sure,” he said. Even after the trade, which paired him with the eventual winner of the award bestowed upon the league’s top reserve, Eric Gordon, Williams thought he had a chance.

“You kind of still felt like if there’s an opportunity to accomplish something you would like to,” he said. “But after I got traded that kind of closed the door on that.”​

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

with the worst shot selection and worst perimeter D in the league, of course we were gonna dump him

3. Chamillionaire

4. MystikArkitect

Ego>Lou

Melo>Ryno

Pepperoni>Pineapple

roro12 likes this.
  5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I mean... wasn't it reported that they traded Lou here based on his own preference? Surely he anticipated his 6MOY campaign would take a hit.

6. Bids9

Bids9 Member

lol hes still so salty he didn't win 6th man of the year. Got bugger all votes infact.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Beverley wanted more
    Lou had his Sixth Man trophy "stolen"

What are Sam & Montrezl upset about? ;):rolleyes:

Stormy1234, Yaosthirdleg and xiki like this.
  8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I dont know why yall are so down on Lou. Gordon is def not better than Lou at instant offense, better shooter maybe but not better overall. He helped us during the season and kinda went away in the playoffs but I respect him for feeling the way he feels. He wanted to come here to win and win big and he got traded away like a piece of meat after 3 months. Id be mad too.

fba34 likes this.
  9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Scrubby Samuel Busty Dekker was already upset and all bitter about Gallinari joinging them relegating Dekker to where he belongs - the bench

Hakeemtheking, Snow Villiers and J.R. like this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

In case anyone missed it :

11. amaru

amaru Member

Still can't believe it.

12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Pat is so easy to root for. I will never hate on him.

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Lou brought it some games, Ego some others. Overall Ego is a better player, especially defensively. Lou can only go left on his threes and when he gets into the paint or close to the basket he would not make the easy play. Ego would get in there and just lay it off the glass at a great angle so it would go in 99% of the time and high chance of goal tending in case a big guy reached for the ball. Also Lou seemed to force shots a lot more. Lou was probably looking forward to staying here, Harden and Morey must have made a nice pitch of how they envisioned him as the perfect player to round out the bench etc. The 6th man of the year thing is his ego talking, cannot take that too serious.

Beverley wanting to see what he can do without Harden makes a lot of sense. When you are a PG and you have to give up the ball more and more, of course you are going to wonder about how you will do elsewhere. That's also the competitor in him and at some point every human should want to prove themselves. It's kind of like a musician / singer in a group where they wonder if they can do something solo. Ironically, Beverley is in a tough spot now since LAC has no real SG with Reddick leaving. Teodosic is a PG, Rivers is a PG I guess. He will have to share PG duties again. Hope it works out for him.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is a ridonculous oxymoron------ How can it be that bad of a breakup when you said yourself - it is too short lived to impact your own life?

[​IMG]

Stormy1234 and Pen15clubber like this.
  15. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

How did Bev do when Harden was resting?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He might have still won 6th Man of the Year if he didn't exclusively take awful shots during his time with the Rockets

Stormy1234 and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  17. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

^didn't Lou slump hard in April? GTFOH

Felt like he didn't have the right attitude with the team.

Anyways, one of my favorite CP3 parody videos out there

Os Trigonum and Stormy1234 like this.
  18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member