1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Traded to Rockets!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 28, 2017.

?

Do you like the trade of Beverley, LouWill, Dekker, Harrell, 1st rounder to LAC for Chris Paul

Poll closed Jul 19, 2017.
  1. YES

676 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. NO

87 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

2. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. TheSource

TheSource Member

Chris Paul and James Harden will both average 8+ assists next season

True Rocket, topfive, amaru and 3 others like this.
  4. Pastie

Pastie New Member

That would be freaking awesome.

CCorn likes this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

He sure is not Chris Paul. He can't handle the ball like CP, he can't score like CP, he can't play make like CP.. he can get fiery like CP though. I liked Bev on our team, but I was tired of seeing him not be able to help James when help was needed. Missing floaters and layups too much. He was always a backup PG too me. Good luck to him.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Stashing Bev to the Clippers is better than if he were traded to a rival power.

I hope he eventually gets a big fat payday. "Loyalty discount contracts" here are more about trading leverage than actually staying through the whole term.

BMoney and Stormy1234 like this.
  8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I have to keep reminding myself that we got Chris motherflippin' Paul!

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Damn.

Shots freaking fired.

(When you see the whole quote he doesn't mean it as a shot)

amaru and ilovehtownbb like this.
  11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Pen15clubber and justtxyank like this.
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Here's the actual "full" quote :

Pen15clubber likes this.
  13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Thought this was pretty cool... a few funny moments sprinkled in with Paul Wall instrumentals in the background. Good job Houston Rockets Gram account!

Pen15clubber likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Already posted?

Pat Beverley 'wanted more' before Rockets trade

Stunned Rockets fans are still adjusting to his departure. But Patrick Beverley knew it was coming and believed his final days as a Rocket were only a matter of time.

"Be honest?" Beverley said Monday, after the first day of his Camp Lockdown kids camp at The Gym. "I knew it was happening three, four, five days after our last game with San Antonio."

But after leaving it all on the court in 2016-17, he acknowledged that he found himself still wanting more.

"I just felt like I wanted to get more of an opportunity," Beverley said. "Not saying I didn't have that opportunity in Houston. But more tasks. To be more demanding. To win games. To depend on. And I felt like with the Clippers – and I think Utah was out there and Indiana was out there – and with those three teams, I think I was getting a great opportunity to display my skills and see what I really can do."

Beverley had nothing but praise for the Rockets, the city of Houston and the team's fanbase. Several times last season, he thanked the organization for saving his basketball career and believing in him when no other NBA team did.

"I owe them a lot," Beverley said in February. "I owe them my life for that, because they really helped me -- they really saved my life, you know?"

But after five years as a Rocket, the 29 year old from Chicago reached a point where he wanted more than his old team was willing to give.

"James Harden being the primary ballhandler and him being as great as he is and having the year he's having, it's kind of hard to kind of shine in that role," Beverley said. "I want to see what I can do and this is a perfect opportunity for me."

Beverley's name was widely mentioned before the trade deadline – half the league seemed to want fiery No. 2 – and his name again came up during the days leading up to the June 28 trade for Chris Paul.

Was there any bitterness when a deal finally went through?

"Not at all. Not personal, just business," Beverley said. "Both teams got rewarded for it. Of course, you guys get a Hall of Fame point guard. ... Me, Lou (Williams), Sam Dekker, Montrezl (Harrell) – you're talking about four, five solid guys that can compete at a high level as they get a chance to see what they really can do in this league and we're excited about that."

While Beverley's departure began to make more sense, the Rockets' no show in a Game 6 home blowout loss to San Antonio was still unexplainable.

"I watched every San Antonio Spurs (playoff) game every time I wake up and I still haven't got to Game 6 yet," Beverley said. "I'm still on Game 4. That was a tough way to go out. But that's part of basketball. You come out flat, teams take advantage. ... But you never want to go out like that, never."

Even with the abrupt end, Beverley was still thanking Rockets fans and back in the Houston area running his annual camp. His new life as a Clipper came down to just one word: opportunity.

"I just wanted more," Beverley said. "I've learned so much under James and I learned so much on how he operates in the pick and roll. I wanted to see what I could do. I just wanted to see. I don't want to be the person living in regret when I'm done playing basketball – coulda, woulda, shoulda.

"I talked to the staff and they took care of me and put me on a team where I get a lot more opportunity. And there's no bad blood at all. I live in Houston, my daughter lives in Houston. ... It's not personal, it's just business."​

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Actual full quote, "Yes, we need to move the ball to AUSTIN."

Pen15clubber likes this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Did you guys know that Dwight Howard and Josh Smith were once AAU teammates? Little-mentioned fact.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

I don't think Bev is taking the trade very well.

#1877 topfive, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Pen15clubber likes this.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Beverley will be a Rocket again.

19. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Bev reasoning is the same as Parson when he left

20. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Bev will get his "opportunity" to be a true PG. We will see if he has the playmaking ability to run that offense. I wish him well with it. It will be a real battle when we play the Clips this year.