1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Traded to Rockets!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 28, 2017.

?

Do you like the trade of Beverley, LouWill, Dekker, Harrell, 1st rounder to LAC for Chris Paul

Poll closed Jul 19, 2017.
  1. YES

676 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. NO

87 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

@Codman ptobably about a year ago alluded to wade and harden having beef. Correct me if I'm wrong?

2. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Cletus, Dekker could not terrify a driveway rim with nobody around.

D-rock and RasaqBoi like this.
  3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

All this **** is getting to be too much for me. If melo/wade happens....smh. I am not used to dreams coming true.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Jim probably banged Wade's favorite sidepiece.

5. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

You mean "behindpiece."

Don't mention it.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

:eek::eek::eek:

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Seeing as wade just posted a pic of him harden and melo hanging out in Paris while congratulating James.

I highly doubt there is any beef.

justtxyank likes this.
  8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

It was a while back that he said something about it lol. But ya that pic was why I brought it up.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think codman also said Paul and griffin were tight and we'd try to add griffin.

If there is one thing we know about the broskies it's that griffin and Paul are not tight.

sammy and Pen15clubber like this.
  10. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Looking through my old Youtube likes and found this lol

Pen15clubber likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

THE YEAR OF TEH PAUL!

CK Johnson likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

This Austin Rivers is really starting to sound like a little b****.

DonKnock and Pen15clubber like this.
  14. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Now that he is 32 it will be the same video with him asking pringles out. "Let Melo and E.G. Shoot some while I get some Gatorade"

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...tin-rivers-no-problem-relationship/465853001/

Austin Rivers had heard enough.

For two days, the 24-year-old Los Angeles Clippers guard heard all the chatter about how he was to blame for Chris Paul’s exit to the Houston Rockets late last month. It was easy to ignore at first, but then the media din grew louder.

This was hardly the first time someone had alleged that Paul and Doc Rivers didn’t see eye to eye, but the level of detail relating to Austin’s alleged role took the topic to a new level. So, after Paul had texted Rivers to refute the report, Austin picked up the phone.

“I called Chris and was like, ‘Chris, what’s going on?’’” Austin Rivers told USA TODAY Sports while in town to watch NBA summer league. “Chris is like, ‘This is the biggest bull(expletive) I’ve ever seen in my life.’ Chris was just like, ‘This is a joke.’ So I asked him, I’m like, ‘You don’t need to come out and say nothing publicly, I don’t need you to do that. It’s just going to make it even more, now they’re going to drag it out two more days. I’ll take it. I don’t care. I’ve been dealing with this (dynamic) since I was six (years old). I really don’t even care.’”

The two spoke for approximately 40 minutes, with Paul reiterating to Austin that his reasons for leaving had more to do with his desire to join James Harden’s Rockets than they did the Clippers.

“What do I have to do with someone else’s move?” Austin Rivers asked. “Chris wanted to move because he’d been (with the Clippers) for a while. He’s had great years there, but he wanted something new. A lot of players want that. It’s really that simple.”

All things considered, the Clippers have recovered nicely.

“We still think we’re a playoff team,” Austin Rivers said.

For Austin’s part, he’s ecstatic to spend the season alongside the 28-year-old Beverley in the Clippers’ new backcourt. With Redick gone, Austin is expected to become a starter.

“I’ve always been a fan of Patrick Beverley,” Austin said. “I think as far as defensive backcourts, it’s really – I don’t see too many that can bring what we bring … I do think it can be a great defensive backcourt.”

Austin and Beverley sat together courtside during the Clippers summer league game at UNLV’s Cox Pavilion on Sunday, and have wasted no time building a relationship. On Monday, they were scheduled to workout in Las Vegas with new additions Sam Dekker and Montrezl Harrell and possibly Jordan.

“We’ve hung out here in Vegas, just trying to get acclimated,” Rivers said of Beverley. “We’re actually putting that effort forward just because we’re going to be that backcourt next year. So it’s important.

“Chris is an elite player, obviously. He’s a superstar. He’s a Hall of Famer, so losing someone like that in general hurts. But you get another great player who is continuing to get better. It seems like Patrick has gotten better every year he’s been in the league, shooting it better and everybody knows what he does defensively. … We have a lot of bright spots.”​

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This is hilarious.

Rivers is one of the worst defensive players in the league, as is Lou, and Tedosic is also supposed to be pretty horrible as well.... And Gallo is a bad defender.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

18. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

90 MORE DAYS YA'LL!!!!!

[​IMG]

#1859 Mr. Dominant, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    DonKnock and HTM like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member