1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

calling for Cyberx..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by filamswag, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. filamswag

filamswag Rookie

anything going on in the front office about possible trades for the offseason? or is it too early to ask? lol

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

There is strong support for McHale in the organization. The ball stops there imo.

3. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Nice move. I was thinking about calling for cyber but didn't want to clutter the GARM with more threads.

If he comes out with info, I support you.

If he doesn't, damn you for making more threads!

4. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

You mean the ball gets "sticky" there?

1 person likes this.
  5. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Murray will try to trade dat dere worser players for more better players.

6. afk

afk Member

Play harder!

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I think the cyberx well has run dry.

8. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I don't understand. I know I put parsons on lillard and a guy on the inbounds passer, but I told them no threes....

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Give it some time ya'll. Once the BBS sort of focuses in on a few players cyber will be along with news.

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I'm not trying to pee on the parade! So please hear me out before you start slinging poo!

Can anyone point me to a post where Cyberex has been vouched for? There probably is one but I can't seem to find it! The reason I ask is that there are members who think he is legit and there are members who think he is just a troll trying to get attention. I want to believe, but I AM on the fence on this one!

Remember, Daryl Morey himself periodically patrols the GARM and knows at least the more notable members! He might not know who BamBam is but I'm pretty sure he would of heard about Cybrex by now! Maybe Morey only allows what he wants to come out and not what he is really doing! I mean nobody even said one word about Hamilton before the trade deadline, and what happened? We traded for him. I'm not saying Cybrex is NOT getting information, maybe he is, but is the information he's giving really suppose to be a secret?

If you disagree with what I'm saying, that's fine, just be civil about it!

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

"We said in the huddle 'no threes'. We just didn't execute. You have to make plays."

12. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Clutch himself has responded to a thread that called out Cybrex. I will find the comment, but I think Clutch mentioned this guy is legit..

13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

This WOULD be the missing link!

14. basketballholic

Would be nice to hear from cyberx more. But as much as he gets butchered every time he gives us anything I wouldn't blame him if he didn't.

However....you need to keep in mind a couple things:

1. Draft lottery is May 20th. This is the date when the draft order is established and teams will know where they are picking and have a very good idea of who will be available there.

This will help determine trade values for them with their picks. For instance...Philly with New Orleans' pick. They have to make sure the lottery doesn't turn that pick into a top 3 pick and New Orleans get to keep it.

2. The Finals won't be over until around June 20th if it goes 7 games. With the a good likelihood that Miami will be in the Finals once again and their 3 superstars all have opt-outs, that kinda jams the market up.

3. The NBA draft is June 26th. It goes without saying that this is typically the day that big deals go down since the draft is upon us and teams can make their picks and make trades with those picks knowing who is actually on the board to be drafted when they are on the clock.

4. Player and team options on non-rookie contracts (Garcia and Parsons) have an exercise date of June 29th at the latest. In Garcia's case, there could be some cat-and-mouse being played here. He probably wants to opt out and will probably opt out if Morey verbally tells him that the Rox will give him a minimum salary deal if he can't get something better elsewhere.

Parsons is a team option. You can pretty much bank on the fact that Morey would much rather sign Parsons in restricted free agency rather than let him go to unrestricted free agency because of length of contract and structure, not to mention risking Parsons walking away. However the only way Morey can exercise that option is to pull off a big deal by June 29th. So he knows he's got his 4 or he's got the best package of assets to trade for a superstar 4 when one comes on the market.

What this all adds up to is this:

Morey is trying to get his ducks all lined up to execute a trade before or by June 29th. But if he does get a trade lined up of any magnitude it most likely won't happen until June 26th at the earliest.

**** We do have a little bit of cash left to exhaust in a trade. And since it is the off season, our roster size has now expanded to 20. We could use that cash to buy a couple minimum salary contracts that are non-guaranteed for next season. For instance, if we could send Orlando $500,000 for Ronnie Price's contract in the next couple days and then send Milwaukee $500,000 for Khris Middleton's contract or send Utah cash for some of their 2014 non-guaranteed minimum salary deals those teams would probably do that and it would give us an extra $2.3 to $3 million of non-guaranteed contracts to use in trades after July moratorium. Combine that salary with Casspi's and Powell's non-guaranteed deals and you're approaching or exceeding around $5 million in non-guaranteed 2014/15 salary. That's a substantial help to getting trades done.

Something along those lines are the moves that would be made in the next few days if there are moves made.

#14 basketballholic, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
  15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

^ - Just to add to this, May 14th I believe is the draft combine. Important date where its essentially a GM convention where a ton of deals start to get discussed.

I think the plan of action I'd expect to see is

A. Get your assistant coaching in order. Get a very strong defensive minded coach in ASAP.

B. Get working on the Parsons' contract situation & the trades that could come as a result. As BHollic eluded to, there is a chance to get a big deal done before June 29th... after that date passes, their goals and other players to focus on get much clearer.

C. Focus on the draft & work on possibly moving up in the draft.

D. Revisiting deals for the Asik & Lin contracts to be moved or used in other deals.

There probably wont be much talk of anything going on until at least the combine, and the lottery. Much of the Rockets staff and players are going to be on vacation until than anyways. Its probably going to be a quite couple of weeks.

#15 dobro1229, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
  16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

"Shhhss, it's not that complicated. It's basketball, it's not like we're laying bricks out there in the sun or something."

17. cyberx

cyberx Member

Not all Rockets players are thrilled about McHale returning.

Also - Morey mulling adding an associate coach, just like McMillan is in Indiana.

18. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

He has spoken!!!!!

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Nice info.

20. rocketsmetalspd

The only ones that aren't thrilled are the ones that didn't get any PT. An associate coach? Who would want the gig?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.