1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

calling for Cyberx..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by filamswag, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Could you please give me the post, or the thread so that I may read it for myself. I've been looking for the exact post and I can't find it.Thanks!

2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I disagree. If Harden or Howard didn't want McHale would Morey keep him around? It seems unlikely. Howard and Harden had to have been okay with the situation. Morey has joked before about star players essentially making managerial decisions for him--there is obviously some truth to it. Howard may not have wanted to fire McHale because of his image, although I doubt that many would blame him if McHale were fired. I assume Howard likes McHale's mentoring regarding post moves. I hope we can find an assistant or mentor for Harden. He's still very young and could use a wing/defensive mentor/coach.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  4. bmd

bmd Member

I can't find the post but I remember the post. Clutch said something like he knows who he is that they've met in real life and he is credible. That was basically it.

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

6. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Players acquired in trades now cannot be combined in subsequent trades for three months, meaning that those players could not be traded again (in a package) until August at the earliest. Unless the Rockets pull off a trade TODAY, they will not be able to combine those acquired players with Casspi's contract before it becomes guaranteed on August 5. If there's a major trade to be had, it would go down in early July (immediately following the end of the July Moratorium) in all likelihood.

But good analysis otherwise (as per usual).

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Cyberx, thanks as always for the info. Very interesting!

8. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

The only people that matter on this subject are Harden, Dwight, Bev, Lin, Asik, Parson, and TJones. Pretty sure out of that list only Harden, Lin, and Asik dislike Mchale. I'm pretty sure Asik likes the way he was used in the playoffs and I would assume his issue is more with being a starter. Lin is mister nice so I don't think he has an issue with anything because no matter what happens its gods will for him. That really only leaves Harden, who quite honestly has been borderline disrespectful at times to Mchale. I hope he realizes he needs to grow up like Lowry did (after he was dumbed) before it cause a rift between the team.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden not respecting McHale is a big problem. I think that's why I prefer a coach like JVG.

10. izeroi

izeroi Member

Bowen never came to mind but I like it. I think Harden could really benefit a lot from a guy like that.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I will try searching once I get upgraded to Contributing. Donated to the Tip Jar I think a week ago.

12. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I donated a year ago and still nothing, don't hold your breath.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

How about Lawrence Frank for associate head coach?

14. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

is "Doug Collins" in discussion for that job?

15. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen 38s
    Players supported decision to bring Kevin McHale back, but most did not seem to have considered it in question. McHale was not available.

16. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Cyberx, you said that the players weren't too pleased to have McHale returning as HC. This kind of shows me the players don't take him seriously. Did Sampson control the locker room more than McHale? Also was wondering if you've heard anything about Morey possibly blowing it up (trading/acquiring new talent to compliment H&H) this off-season.

17. cyberx

cyberx Member

Held people more accountable and tailored to everyone specifically.

18. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Is this al bull**** then, cyberx?

19. cyberx

cyberx Member

I am sure that is what they told him.
    Dwight=in support of McHale
    Parsons as well

20. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Harden is smart then.

1 person likes this.