1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blake Griffin to miss rest of Playoffs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Raz, Apr 22, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

westbrook isn't going anywhere any time soon

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. the shark

the shark Member

Westbrook can opt out of his contract after next season ('17-18). If OKC gets bounced here in the 1st rd against the Rockets and again next yr you think RW is going to stick around? If I'm not mistaken they're already up against the cap as well.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah I actually do. Despite what people think about him, he's just that type of person to not be a follower and has shown that. don't see any reason for him to leave once he signed that contract just recently

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No kidding. He inherited a team with this same core, Paul, Griffin, and Jordan, which under Vinny won 56 games. Rivers proceeded to win 57 and 56 games in the next two seasons. To his credit, he won two more playoffs series than Del Negro. But he also got one of worst collapses in history.

5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

On paper he's a bad fit. Average defender. His offense is a mix of post ups and lots of midrange jumpers, neither of which we value. And he's never had great chemistry on the PnR with CP3, so it's not like we could run it better with Harden. But he's a talent upgrade and would fit in. We went after Aldridge who plays a similar game.

If we go after a PF this summer, I hope it's Ibaka or Speights. Ibaka has become a reliable outside shooter, can play center, has chemistry with Harden, doesn't need the ball, and defends the rim. Even if he is 30 years old like some suggest, he's appropriately adjusted his game while remaining a good defender. Speights would bring us some swagger and rebounding off the bench while also being a good shooter.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah that's why I'm not high on BG here as maybe some others. BG's strengths are aspects the Rockets will not utilize on a nightly basis so there isn't any reason for him to be here imo. I guess the name brings interest but I don't really care for that. Aldridge though I would say would of been a better choice bc of his ability to be a better shooter and is able to mix in between the 4/5 positions. BG is not a good shooter. The volume and type of shots he would get would not be beneficial to his game playing in a MDA offense imo

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

BG not leaving LA with all his Hollywood aspirations.

malakas likes this.
  8. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

I enjoy watching the clippers fail

arabrocket and Pen15clubber like this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

He will first get his huge extension. After that he may ask for a trade. But I don't see him leaving SO much money on the table.

10. cebu

cebu Member

Too much unnecessary dunking and showing off.... disaster in playoffs.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good player that needs to be given the ball WAY more. I hope he gets unleashed on his own team like Westy.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

BG being the #1 guy on his own team like WB is not exactly ideal. His impact is no where near at that level

13. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

feel bad for this clips team, their window is closing, what they really need to move is DJ, that's the curse, you will never win championship if you main guy can't shoot freethrows,

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah he sucks at FT's but when did DJ become a main guy

15. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

It would be ideal for my entertainment.

His most valuable unused skill is his amazing ability to handle the ball at his size. He would put up silly numbers If he was unleashed. CP3 uses him like he is David West.

arabrocket likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah that would be funny to watch bg try to break down guys with his handle and how ugly it would be for basketball

17. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Have you ever seen Blake play? His handle and passing abilities are extraordinary at PF. Some of the best of all time.

Credibility=Shot. Don't knock Blake for the things he CAN do.

18. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Averaging 5 assists and 2.5 turnovers playing next to Chris Paul the last three years is remarkable. Someone needs to let him run and gun.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's great. still doesn't mean you give him the ball and let him go thinking that translates to winning basketball in the NBA but like you said for your own personal entertainment if that's what you enjoy watching

20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Maybe so, maybe not. Certainly made the Thunder entertaining letting Westbrook go, and they have a winning record.

Back to my initial point. You obviously haven't studied Blake griffin much.

Ugly for basketball my ass...