1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you happy about Kevin McHale ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, May 27, 2011.

?

In the end, are you happy with Kevin McHale as the Rockets new Head Coach ?

1. Yes

229 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. No

187 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Well it looks like Mchale is our guy..now lets get on with the poll. Are you happy about this ?

2. Pete the Cheat

the polls needs a "meh..." option.

3. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

u luv a "meh" ?

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

exactly. i voted no. i'm not happy about it. i'm not really unhappy about it, either.

5. RyanB

RyanB Member

exactly!

6. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

When somebody asks you if you want to go to taco bell, they don't want to hear a meh....its either yes or no. Be decisive in ur analysis.

7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

indifferent.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

were that the question posed, i'd tell you decidedly that my father told me to never trust "meat" sold at a price as low as taco bell sells meat.

but that wasn't the question...

i am very decidedly neither happy nor upset about the hiring of kevin mchale.

9. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Count me in the "meh" crowd. I'm not happy with the pick, because I think there were better candidates considered, and even better candidates that were available, but not considered. I'm not unhappy, because I think McHale was about average as an NBA head coach. I predict that the Rockets will play to their ability level with him as head coach.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Same. "Meh" would have been my choice.

11. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

McHale makes me inhale. An unproven coach?? Really?? Maybe the Rockets need a coach that the management can control and manage so they can have a say on how the team is being run. But good luck with an unproven coach.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I don't understand how strong fans can feel "meh" about the coach.

I want to like the coach, and if I feel "meh" about him, that equates to a bad situation. If you are not psyched about the Rockets coach (as I am not psyched), then that sucks. Not happy!

1 person likes this.
  13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I am 100% ambivalent.

Until we get some players, the coach doesn't make much difference.

I suppose if I had to vote yes or no, I'd go with no just because of the 86 Finals.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I wasn't upset when Adelman was let go. I'm pretty upset we're going with McHale, although, I've already lost interest in this incarnation of the Rockets as far as being contenders. I feel like we're back to the Francis/Mobley days where I'll watch, but its understood we don't have a chance. So, I'm not all that upset, simply because I don't think it matters.

McHale is a joke though. I was hoping a new coach would bring discipline and immediate identity, things Adelman was weak at, that didn't happen with this hiring. Now, not even the coach has a philosophical identity much less the team.

15. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I won't know until they play some games.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I have never been as pessimistic about a season as I am about this one. I think this hire means we're gutting the team and tanking the season. We haven't had an outright tank job since I've been a fan. We've had bad seasons and seasons ruined by injury, but never a tank job. And, that's what I'm expecting.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Trust me, JV, you aren't going to enjoy it much.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Neither. There's isnt enough to judge him on...i want to hear him talk at the press conference first, at the very least.

19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I see this as a true turning point in the fortunes of the Rockets - one that does not bode well. Indeed: I find myself filled with a sense of foreboding as the worst is yet to come. I also see this as a decision made out of arrogance and hubris by the Rockets organization and in my experience, nothing good ever happens as a consequence. On a lighter note, I have had to shutoff my mobile as my friends who work at the Mavericks were overloading it "Ha Ha" text msgs and McHale's coaching record texts.

1 person likes this.
  20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

So we won't compete for how many more years? This guy is a guaranteed 20 wins every year and no more.