1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we just going to completely ignore......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, May 3, 2014.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

....the fact that the Blazers were giving Lin space in the 4th quarter and he kept bricking?

The shots were either airballs or barely touching the rim. Not even close. Really bad looking shots.

I think Howard cleaned up his mess at least 3 times during that span if I remember correctly.

And before someone comes in with the BUT BUT he made that 3 that Asik's foul negated. That was a horrible miss as well. Went in off the glass.

I cant say that I am confident in Lin after this series. I have the same questions about him as I did before the season began.

1) Can he be trusted with the ball in his hands in these kind of games?
    2) Can he limit his turnovers?
    3) Can he be trusted with his shot?

The only thing I have changed my mind on is his defense. I think he is a better defender than he gets credited for.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

4-13 shooting, 1-6 from three point range in Game 6

3. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Trade him for a perimeter defender, insert Canaan into the rotation, problem solved....

4. N/A

N/A Member

You can't ignore his missed shots, but apparently you can miss Harden's atrocious Games 1-5. Makes sense! Deal with it. The Rockets lost for a variety of reasons, this being one of them. For you to blame just one guy is just idiotic. They lost as a team.

1 person likes this.
  5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lin for Nash.

The numbers work.

What do we have to lose?

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Harden was a bum as well but allow me to educate you.

It is much easier to replace a journeyman than a star.

When the opportunity arises for Rockets to get someone better than harden, I am sure they will look into it.

Meanwhile, you get the right pieces to surround your flawed super stars to give them the best chance to win.

7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

We'll need to take up a collection to fund Nash's surgery for the two new artificial hips he's going to need before the start of the NBA season.

8. aumate

aumate Member

I don't think he shot that poorly if I remember correctly. He had a half court heave and a couple of last second shot clock heaves.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I get it now. When Harden doesn't play well, blame Harden. When Lin doesn't play well, blame Harden. :grin:

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You must have been watching the Knicks regular season games from two years ago.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The man can shoot 40% from 3 on crutches.

We should also sign him because leadership

12. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Well, it's not easy when the price tag is 15 million, thanks to genius work of Morey. If it were easy? Lin would have been gone at trade deadline.

Anyways, you shouldn't ignore that. It's worth a infinit loop of rinse and repeat - how much Lin sucks, and trade ideas for him etc. That's what off-season is for.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

All we do is Lin, Lin, Lin no matter what!

:grin:

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I realize that unfortunate situation.

However, unless Durant, Lebron, Blake etc. are available, finding a replacement for Harden is still much more unlikely than finding a suitable replacement for Lin.

At least that would be my understanding.

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

well at least the price tag is only for another one year. ..not like some eddy curry contract of the past that the knicks had to deal with LOL

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

can troy daniels handle pg skills? would be amazing if he has these open 3's

17. do work son

do work son Member

while we're reminiscing, let's mention with 28 seconds and opportunity to take the last shot, mchale called a clear out isolation for harden, which hasn't worked all series.

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You are welcome to start your own thread for that discussion.

19. Razsan

Razsan Member

I would say that Morey just needs to get creative. If I'm not mistaken the cap hit to the team taking Lin would still only be 8.3 Mil. Same as Asik. With that being said, Asik/Lin/Parsons for Melo. Knicks have the money to throw in, get 3 players with the same cap hit (or less) than Melo and begin rebuilding. Rockets get a potential Championship. They (Rox) could even throw in a 1st and not miss it since it would be a late pick anyway.
    If my premise isn't correct about the cap...never mind.

20. Razsan

Razsan Member

No...Daniels is more akin to Steve Novak than Steph Curry.