1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we just going to completely ignore......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, May 3, 2014.

1. Barkley123

Barkley123 Member

When did I even mention Harden or Beverly?

When did I credit Lin for taking shots at the end of the game?

All I'm saying is if you watched the game you would have realized that he shot 1–6 from 3 because on 4 of those shots he was forced to shoot due to time running out. Again 2 of those shots at the end of quarters.

The only person playing the blame game is you.

2. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

Ignore this guy, dudes done the same thing before, putting words in people's mouths.

3. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

+100. Not sure why people focus on Lin so much, when other players had stretches of bad moments too. yawn.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How about Jamal Crawford

5. calcium

calcium Member

I remember watching a Heats game a season or 2 ago, the commentator
    said some players wont attempt a last second heave ho cos it would affect their stat line.

I guess that it is important to some players but the team knows better, I guess.

But if knowing that 3-4 of the shots taken were of that nature, it does put
    things into a different perspective.

It did for me.

Just saying.

6. archinkent

archinkent Member

Then why didn't you start a thread on Parsons? Oh I know, because you straight up hate Lin. :rolleyes:

You and Cometswin should go find a room.

7. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

Sarcasm, but you failing to realize that says something. Means it isn't even surprising that someone would say what I said, which is sad.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

9. calcium

calcium Member

Good player.

He turned 34 in March.

Not sure how much gas he has left in the tank.

10. archinkent

archinkent Member

11. Barkley123

Barkley123 Member

Yes I didn't realize you were being sarcastic, seen plenty of posts like that around here so it didn't seem out of place at all.

12. munco

munco Member

Our 7th man is why we list the series? Cripes.

13. peter1989212

peter1989212 Member

No, but we are going to ignore that Harden kept bricking the whole series and dribbling the shot clock down to the last seconds and throw it to whoever it might be. We are not going to ignore that Lin got blowed by Lillard, but we are going to ignore the only defense Harden can play is swiping the ball from behind.

I won't deny that Lin had a poor performance in his first complete playoff series, I also doubt if Lin can do any better. But I just don't understand why clutchfans are blaming a role player for everything when they tried their best finding every possible excuse for a so-called superstar who sucked at both ends of the floor. That's just so lame.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It seemed like he had confidence in his shot earlier, then he started jacking up rainbows like a bad horse game

15. Razsan

Razsan Member

And there you have it..

16. basketballholic

Lin for Larry Sanders.

(after we trade Asik/Jones/DMo/picks for Love of course.)

17. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

anyone else upset that lin kept pushing the ball on a 1 man break very late in all 3 portland games on 3 different occasions after a crucial portland miss.. the first time he got blocked and the blazers ended up tying the game, 2nd time he got stripped by mo and the blazers took the lead, 3rd time he got blocked but dwight ended up with the ball and got fouled.. what was he thinking, espicially on game 4 when portland pretty much only had one option to foul.. doesnt seem like smart bbiq.

also, lins ball handling skills are very poor. im just tired of him here im tired of the fight with the lin only fans.. its best to part ways, i hope morey sees this..

1 person likes this.
  18. jason330i

jason330i Member

I thought Lin had a satisfactory performance for his first real playoff series. Some dumb mistakes but he seemed aggressive throughout.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Here is the problem bud... The question asked was "can Lin be trusted".
    Two problems with that question.
    1. Lin is a role player. We need to be able to trust players such as Harden and Howard. From this series I can trust Howard, not Harden.
    2. The basis of the op's question revolved around Lin missing shots. Seriously... Wtf type of premise is that? Can we trust Parsons after botching 3 simple lay ups in a damn quarter? How about Bev's shooting percentage that game? Did the op ask the same question after Lin's 21 pt game in game 5? Lin is a career 44% scorer at the pg position. There are plenty of other NBA guards who are in this league who are "trusted" what ever the f that means and shoot a lower percentage.

The Rockets are deep enough where they DON'T have to trust Lin if they for some reason have him next season. The premise of the op's question is asinine.

#99 fchowd0311, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Honestly, he did have some WIDE open 3-point shots and bricked them pretty badly. Luckily at least one was so bad it clipped the rim and fell into Howard's lap.

But this is not news. He's very streaky, and I think we've seen him long enough that he'll always be streaky. Crazy hot games, like game 5, and oddly cold, brick-fest games, like game 6.