1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else feel like we're destined for another 1st round exit?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by andyacecandy, Mar 15, 2015.

1. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Member

I know we don't know how Dwight will look when he comes back (he was arguably our best player in the playoffs last year against Portland).

We just don't look like a team that can make a deep playoff run in the West.

1. Kevin McHale is a terrible situational and fundamental coach, which will show down the stretch in close games again
    2. James Harden isn't gonna get bailed out with 10+ FTs every playoff game. They don't call it like that in the playoffs
    3. Dribble dribble dribble isolation, wait for the shot clock to run down and jack up a jumper will not win us a playoff series
    4. Live and die by the 3 does not bode well for the playoffs (anxious to see how it works out for the Warriors who are a MUCH better 3 point shooting team than us (yet we jack more of them up)
    5. Our style of play just isn't playoff type basketball where execution prevails

2 people like this.
  2. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Your number 2 is flawed. If anything things will get chippy and he will get the foul calls. Why. Thanks to Memphis and Matt Barnes today.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well said. Rockets should just go ahead and forfeit.

4. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I expect a first round exit until we win in the first round with this squad.

Helps prepare me for letdowns. I expected a WCF run last season and the disappointment was crushing.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If we don't get HCA we will probably lose in the 1st round.

If we hang on to HCA, then it's a toss up. The West is too stacked this year, who knows what will happen.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

HCA is does nothing in the west. We are 10 teams deep and have 8 spots. All spots, 1-8 could make it out of the west. Are the rockets destined for a 1st round exit? No, but to think it isn't a possibility is comical. A healthy Dwight and MVP level Harden is a key difference maker, but we will see who shows up to the post season this year.

7. a711

a711 Member

Winning in the first round WILL be very hard. Just have to mentally prepare yourself for the fact that we might lose. Hopefully we don't, but no use having excessive expectations.

right now it's just all about hoping we somehow get to play Dallas.

8. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This is where I am at this point. Expecting little hoping for the best in the playoffs. Its just hard to feel confident with a coach like McHale and the way this team is put together. They don't match Morey's so called philosophy at all. Harden is going to have to have one of the all time great playoffs for this team to have any significant playoff run.

9. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

**** your feelings

1 person likes this.
  10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Both #'s 1 and 3 are basically re-iterating the same thing.

Same for #'s 4 and 5.

Teams can win it all playing this style... provided you bring the defensive intensity as well (which the Rockets have done this year more than last, without Dwight who is by far their most impactful player on defense).

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Well turn in your jersey!!!...

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

There are quite a few people who have posted that not only do they FEEL we will be a first round exit, they KNOW we will be a first round exit.

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

If ever there were a time to advance this notion OP couldn't have picked a better one than directly after we beat our current playoff seeding opponent without Dwight Howard on their home court.

Does it worry anyone else that we just beat the Clippers without Howard in L.A.? I guess I'm weird but it didn't bother me at all.

1 person likes this.
  14. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Repped. My thoughts exactly

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not really.

This team is different in one major way the team last year wasn't.

This team has more heart and fights back more in close games. They don't choke like they did last season.

I really think Howard back is going to make us very good.

16. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

This team is also a lot better defensively and Harden is playing on a much higher level than he was last year.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The fact that you use the term 'Bailed out' Makes you suspect to me

Rocket River

18. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

How apropos that we have this thread made after beating a very good playoff team that we have struggled against with their all-star PF returning on their home court. And I simply mean it is fitting of the people posting on this site at this point in time. Cry more you surrender monkeys.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I don't see us as favorites but I'm ready to ride with this team.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member