1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else feel like we're destined for another 1st round exit?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by andyacecandy, Mar 15, 2015.

1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

That's not pathetic.

2. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

What I am going to ask isn't worthy of its own thread. Not sure where else to put it. BUT, what is up with Jason Terry. Dude has simply melted. I surely thought he would be a solid shooting threat. He seemed to start off the season that way, but has faded as of late. I love the fact he has been to the big dance and will be a good locker presence, but I would really love it more if he would nail some big three's.

3. SEIZE THE CARP

SEIZE THE CARP New Member

I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend .. I would understand.

You site a series with 2OT losses and one of the most clutch last second shots in recent memory. An MVP Harden, rested Dwight and improved bench definitely don't give us a better shot than last year .. I can see that

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It really comes down if we can keep home court advantage. If we are five playing four and four is going to be Clippers or the Trailblazers that's going to be very tough.

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Always gonna hope for the best...

but with Milkhair directing our team... I have concerns....

6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

The rockets can defeat the Mavs even with this mediocre coach.

7. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

If OKC grabs the 8th seed even GS may be first round fodder. The West is tough it'll take a few breaks going your way for any team to get into the second round.

8. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Exactly. Nobody, including GSW, is immuned from first round exit. But to say any Western conference team is "destined" for 1st round exit is just beyond reasonable.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The west is not tough at all. We are just crippled by coaching thats all. We all witnessed the meltdowns so our confidence is compromised for good reasons. Harden bettet add some sugar and spice and everything nice to whatever he stirs cause I still have the bitter taste of his disappearance last year and dont get me started with that defense.

10. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Destined to lose, hell no. We haven't even seen the full squad.

Would I take us to win against a randomly selected possible opponent tomorrow assuming a reasonably healthy Dwight gets thrown in with zero time to acclimate? No. No I would not. That's why the next 4 weeks are hypercritical. You have to reintegrate the big man smoothly, get a groove humming, and keep everyone healthy.

If pressed right now I would put my money on remaining in the 4-5 matchup and a series loss. But it's not destined - everything depends on Howard.

1 person likes this.
  11. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Believe me, I have absolutely no desire, with posts like that, to get you started.

12. coffeelover665

This year is different. This year, we have a bench depth and awesome defense. I can't say that last year.

13. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

I'm worried. Do we have another playmaker that will make our game less predictable?

14. s.b713

s.b713 Member

We have an improved defense this year, Arizas perimeter D has been huge. Josh and Brewer off the bench gives us much needed depth. Brewer is such a beast in transition, and Josh defense and passing are a nice boost off the bench. While sometimes our shots don't fall i think our defense gives us a better chance to win. We might loose in the 1st round who knows ? the west got quality teams from 1 to 8. But I like my chances better this year than last year. How far we go through the playoffs will depend hugely on how D12 comes back.

15. Dabeezneez

Dabeezneez Member

nah we'll get owned. if harden doesnt get more then 9 free throws a game we pretty much lose and theres no way harden will get this many calls in the playoffs.

16. Dabeezneez

Dabeezneez Member

god that series was brutallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll :(

17. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Nah we'll not.

As bad as Harden had played in the last playoffs series with Portland, we still hung in there. This year we have an upgrade Harden and improved D.

18. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

The other teams have flaws too... If Harden is rolling, I'll take my chances.

19. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Hey I'd rather win a championship than never get one ever again.

20. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

All 5 points are spot on OP.

We will not get past the 1st round. I wish I was wrong, but I know better.