1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anderson out, Ariza went off yesterday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Mar 27, 2017.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What's so cool about basketballholic's dream scenario is: even if you are wrong, Isaiah Taylor is probably better than Lou, so don't worry about it. We just got to get Taylor 15 mpg without dropping the minutes of any of the other guards, and without utilizing a 4-guard lineup.

2. dmoneybangbang

Pretty much.

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I just want them to start acclimating to Harden being off the ball just a but more with a bit more structure to the movement. Would love to see the Lou/Beard pick and roll.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

What's the deal with Anderson? Did I miss the injury update?

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The Celtics have offered the Rockets the NJ first rounder for Isiah Taylor.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

I believe they ruled him out for 2 weeks from the injury. So he would miss 5 games at minimum. He's projected to come back just before the end of the reg season though at some point

7. basketballholic

When
    What's so cool about heypartners dream is that MDA magically morphs into Rick Adelman in the playoffs and all of a sudden out of the blue Clint, Anderson, and Bev start channeling Vlade, Cwebb, and Bibby except this time we win when the refs call a flagrant 2 after KD elbow chops Bev's face.

8. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

"Anderson out, Ariza in" Yul C, yo whatup haulic.

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

@heypartner you are much more versed and knowledgeable in basketball sets and plays so I'm curious.

How much has the Anderson injury effected our offense and spacing? I know we did well that first game but that seemed more to be being "hot".

These past few games, it just seems like the offense hasn't been fluid. It's seemed sporadic in a sense. I've also noticed a lot more mid-range shots after the offense seems to hit a dead-end.

It's hard for me to correctly quantify whether it's our offense bogging down, other defenses playing us much better, or us just being cold and missing looks.

10. heypartner

When I describe what MDA is doing with the bench, I'm not making dream predictions like you. I'm just describe the basketball that we are seeing. That's what is fun for me to do. I get it that you like to dream up wild scenarios. That's ok. I can see the fun in it to think a dleaguer can be our savior....if we just give him minutes.

BigMaloe likes this.
  11. heypartner

@BigMaloe , yeah, it's hard to say we had any spacing problems with OKC, since we just blew them out.

GSW gave us the lane. I'm sure they would have stuck with Ryan, and maybe he has little extra effect. But it is difficult for teams to cover our 3-man PnR, where Anderson runs interference for Capela then flares or pops. He might have gotten some looks that are tougher for Ariza to get. imo, GSW decided to pick a poison, give us the drives/lane, with confidence they can outscore us without our normal threes. In the end though, I still think we are in the game, because GSW gave us anything in the lane. We missed a lot of easy buckets. Harden was 4-11 on layups, and looked like his wrist was bothering him in the 4th.

This game vs POR, yeah we missed him. Not just spacing, but also simply because the rotation is messed up. Right? Dekker getting 20 minutes and all Gordon is not as fresh to start the 2nd. Ariza playing 41 minutes.

hakeem94 and BigMaloe like this.
  12. basketballholic

Seeing the need for another playmaker is not a wild scenario. More textual trash from you. I never said Taylor would be our savour. I said we need to see what he's got. And if he ain't got anything we need to acquire some sort of band aid solution that would hopefully give us a chance to win a title if everything went right. Just another pile of textual trash from you.

Keep describing what we're doing. Like we're all blind and can't see what we're doing ourselves. And keep trying to convince us we don't need another playmaker. Like your blind and don't see or understand what is going to happen to us in the playoffs.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@Nook brings up an excellent point here. There could be undervalued players on other teams that might be much more valuable in this MDA system and because they are undervalued, could make them more easily available to acquire.

14. basketballholic

Players on other NBA teams aren't going to help us right now. We need to find another distributor in time for the playoffs along with another defensive big.

15. dmoneybangbang

We have another playmaker, we have 1 & 1/2 more playmakers than you think we do. Perhaps Harden's ball dominating has you blind to what we have.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need Ryan Anderson healthy so freaking bad.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I thought was just a sprained ankle..... no need to panic.

18. basketballholic

I'd say it has you blind. You won't even know what happened in the playoffs.

19. dmoneybangbang

Yawn. You have such a black and white view of things like your doppelganger on this forum.

20. dmoneybangbang

But the OP says Ariza will go off.....

Pen15clubber likes this.