1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anderson out, Ariza went off yesterday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmao dmo

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

We all know where he is going....

BigMaloe likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

The Indiana Pacers blew a fourth quarter lead in their 115-114 loss on Tuesday to the Minnesota Timberwolves.

“Pissed,” George said in describing his emotions. “I know I was pissed. It’s the only way to really sum it up.”

“We should have a professional approach, man, and defend our home court, especially to a team that’s not even in the playoffs,” George said of losing to the Timberwolves (29-44). “That’s what it comes down to. As a team, we’ve got to have a grit and we’ve got to own up, man up.”

George criticized his teammates for the Pacers' inability to win a key game.

“There’s no urgency, no sense of urgency, no winning pride,” he said.

Paul George isn't happy folks. There's no way he chooses to re-sign in Indiana. Harden needs to be in this dude's ear all summer. Start recruiting him like GS recruited Durant. If we add him to the roster without losing much of the core, then we'll elevate ourselves to the level of a contender. Paul George can do what Ariza did against OKC on Sunday every night.

BigMaloe likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

he isn't a ufa until next summer though. A lot can happen from the end of this year and then that Harden has no control over.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

yes, he is, but Harden should start laying the groundwork this summer...make it abundantly clear that he wants to play with George and that George is the missing piece for this team to catapult into contention

Harden and the Rockets will look even more appealing if Harden wins the MVP and Mike wins COY. Players want to play in D'antoni's system. I know that PG to the Lakers has been talked about a lot, but PG can go there and continue to lose with an unproven coach in Luke Walton, or he can come here and contend with an MVP and upper tier coach in D'antoni. Paul George would fit in perfectly. He is our chance to become a contender.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

while i get what you're trying to say this is probably a better discussion to have further down the line after this years playoff run

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Ariza is a streak shooter. When he's hot, he's hot. When he's not, he's not. He doesn't have a lot of consecutive hot shooting games. When he was killing it in the Thunder game, I thought we probably wouldn't get much from his shooting against the Warriors.

Bev is like that too although not as extreme.

RudyTBag and Deckard like this.
  8. basketballholic

I'm talking about right now. I want to win a championship this season. Don't you?

So putting all the Rubio jokes aside...........We need another playmaker that can see the court, has a great handle, is a great passer, and can create shots for others.

We've signed Taylor. Were basically locked into the third slot. We need to see if he can help us.........right now! Not next season, but now! And if he can't then we need to go get Pierre Jackson or some other player walking the streets that can distribute and make plays for us.

That is unless this organization and it's fan base is willing to settle for also-ran status this season.

We need a shot creating playmaker and another big that can improve our defense in the paint. If we get those two guys from somewhere we could possibly win a championship. But without key improvement in those two areas we simple aren't going to win a title this year.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

there's no playmaker out there that's gonna help us now, let's be real...

heypartner and YOLO like this.
  10. basketballholic

Not true. You're not being real.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wow...you got some imagination.

Now I get why you are pushing for a 4-guard lineup experiment. You know we won't find someone who should replace any minutes of Lou, EGo or Bev, but we could get a 5th guard into the mix if we go 4-guard lineup. lulz. Trust me...no 4-guard lineup is happening, and there is no "Rubio" walking through that door from "off the streets."

But, since you put so much effort into it ... Here's a picture of Rubio walking through that door.

[​IMG]

But, maybe Llull! :cool:

YOLO likes this.
  12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Cleverly disguised Pierre Jackson thread.

Why don't you just bump the thread for him that you already started....or I can, if you want. I'll just cut and paste that post above about praying we can find and integrate a playoff-level playmaker in 8 games ... while apparently trying to install a 4-guard lineup, as well.

You say it like the experiment could do absolutely no harm and can only help ... so why not ... yet, I'm thinking the complete opposite that MDA is tweaking the offense to add stuff for the bench attack of Lou, EGo , and keep focusing on that rather than having the team pamper a rookie off the street, install a 4-guard lineup and treat him like a possible savior of the playoffs.

so, odd

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Yes, it is true. There is nobody out there right now that will elevate the Rockets to contender status.

you're mentioning guys like Pierre Jackson...

Really? Pierre Jackson is the playmaker that will elevate this team? C'mon man...

14. basketballholic

I am pushing a two playmaker line-up, not a four guard line-up. It's simply easier to find a playmaker amongst the sea of undersized point guards at this point of the season than it is to find a playmaking SF for instance. We've signed Taylor. We should start right there.

Do you want to win a championship this season or just settle for a second round exit while watching Patty Mills run circles around us in the second round?

15. basketballholic

I clearly stated to start with Taylor. He's already signed and on the roster.

16. basketballholic

How do you know he isn't? Look at what Ferrell did in Dallas?

I'm saying we need to get another playmaker and he's got to get minutes. You find one. Bring back Pablo? I'm fine with that too. We gotta have another player that can dribble the ball through traffic and find guys. I don't care who it is as long as they can ball and they've got those skills at the highest level.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

what has ferrell done? they've lost 6 of their last 10. i guess you were one of those guys that got fooled when he strung together a select few games that were notable.

18. basketballholic

They are better with him than without.

Did you watch the game last night? Don't you see where w are headed in the playoffs without any further changes?
    Do you not see the need for another playmaker?

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's actually not saying much. losing team without, losing team with.

20. basketballholic

Did you watch the game last night? Don't you see where we are headed in the playoffs without any further changes?
    Do you not see the need for another playmaker?

#80 basketballholic, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017