AJ Bouye signs 5-year, $67M deal with Jaguars

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ROXRAN, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Joseph Ho

Joseph Ho Member

Actually JJo age has caught up to him big time. Last season he was horrible and incredibly inconsistent. KJax often miss games but his game also regressed last season. Kevin Johnson needs to stay healthy but his broken foot is a concern.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

McNair said they have a plan but I fail to see it. It seems like they make knee-jerk moves.

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Franchise tagging Bouye had a lot downside as well. Even after the Brock trade, tagging Bouye would've eaten up about 1/2 of our remaining cap space. If the Texans are to make a run at Romo, they were going to need the wiggle room plus more for whatever FAs they wanted to go after. Another downside is that we'd be right back in the same spot this time next year, only you'd have 2 new HUGE contracts (Hopkins and Bouye) hitting the books.

I wanted to resign Bouye as well but it looks like the Texans had their market value set. We'll see if they were right.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

The Texans offered Bouye a deal before last season; they wanted to lock him up longer term and he rejected the offer. Bouye gambled on himself and it paid off; good for him.

And good for the Texans sticking to their guns; they had a cap on how much they were willing to pay and didn't let the moment derail those plans. He was an undrafted free agent; the Texans have done extremely well in that arena. I'm not too terribly worried about the secondary.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. J.R.

J.R. Contributing Member

7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Geez the NFL just hates the Texans... posts like this make me hope he flops. Even though I like him and don't actually wish him to do poorly.

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Bouye signing reminds me of Dunta Ronbison. CBs are replaceable compared to the guys up at the line. We will miss him, but not worth the money for that position.