1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

After 2-0 start, have your expectations changed?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by moonsh0t, Sep 15, 2014.

?

Have your expectations for the season changed after the Texans 2-0 start?

1. Yes

52 vote(s)
    31.9%
  2. No

111 vote(s)
    68.1%
  1. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

random question then (way too early for a thread, but I'll ask it here). If the Texans do as well as / better than expected and win 7-10 games as some suggest, and if Cousins does well for the Redskins... do you want to trade for RG3? My quick answer is no, but I feel like many would want it to happen

2. awc713

awc713 Member

still think we win 9 games. thought that all offseason.

i think we could win more, after seeing how we played, but i'll also keep in mind that WAS and OAK were in complete disarray

3. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

To answer the question, still sticking to my initial assessment of 9-7 ... and no a 8-8 season would not disappoint me

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nah, I have the feeling RG3 is done, he just got drafted by the wrong team and they ruined him.

5. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

My expectations haven't changed for I though they would be an 8-10 win team if healthy with Fitzy as QB.

I still don't think this offense will win us a lot of games as previously thought, but I do like how were just pounding the rock down their faces. With that type of attitude, we could go along way.

Health to me was always the deciding factor about wins for the season. If we could manage vets, and protect the young guys we need to grow and learn we'd be in a good situation. Sucks for Clowney going down, but so far not too shabby.

Hope they continue to be smart about everything.

6. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Like you've said, no.

He'll never be a pocket passer. While having a great arm, he isn't accurate. He makes poor decisions and is as frail as frail can be. I'm not sure I would even waste another year on him if I'm the Redskins. Cousins looks like he could do something and you have all year now to evaluate that. I would definitely stay away from RG3.

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

You could actually make the argument that Foster's health is the most important factor to our success. Well, maybe Watt first.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not sure why they don't deserve more credit for beating bad teams....they have gone and taken both wins. That's what you're suppose to do against them. It's not like they played just ok and the other team goofed and handed them the game.

9. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

6 players who the Texans desperately need to stay healthy; in no particular order:

1) Foster
    2) Watt
    3) Johnson
    4) Brown
    5) Swag
    6) J-Jo or Kareem

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

No Cush?

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

See, my argument would be that Cush is the most important person on the team. The defense just isn't the same without him

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Two years ago

now. . . not so much

Rocket River

13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

They are so cute at your age... :)

14. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Super Bowl or bust

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree. The defense is night and day different with him and without him in the game. That's not to say that he's back to being as dominant as he once was because he's not, there's still a lot of rust, but the defense is better because of him.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

Fitz is going to let you down.

17. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

While I agree Cushing is important... The fact remains that he's not a 3-down linebacker at this point in his career. He has clearly lost a step which makes him a huge liability in pass coverage.

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This and I agree I can't see it continuing at this pace without Fitz throwing a few of his own.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think that's an overreaction, he missed pretty much the entire preseason, he's slowly getting back into game shape. If he's still a step slow or whatever when it's week 10 then I'll be concerned, till then it's to be expected.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Colts loss tonight would make Texans outlook even better.