1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

After 2-0 start, have your expectations changed?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by moonsh0t, Sep 15, 2014.

?

Have your expectations for the season changed after the Texans 2-0 start?

1. Yes

52 vote(s)
    31.9%
  2. No

111 vote(s)
    68.1%
  1. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

do yall think its bc hes playing scared?

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Yea that's right, just looked again. Possible scenario,

SEP - Win both or 1 out of our next 2. That puts you at 3-1 or 4-0.

OCT - is tough with 3 road games plus Colts at home.

NOV - games are tough as well. 3 homes games but against good teams and @CLE is tough.

At worst if we can finish Oct/Nov at .500, that puts you at 8-4 or 7-5 before DEC.

DEC - We get the JAGS twice bookend, plus Raves and @Colts in the middle. The Jags games alone can get you to 10 or 9 wins.

Bottom line, surviving OCT/NOV is key.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Time will tell. QBs generally don't ball out their first couple of seasons. Luck turned the Colts around immediately without a defense or solid o-line and seems to have the clutch gene. Duncan had the benefit of playing next to Robinson early in his career and played against the weakest competition of centers since the 70's his entire career. We'll see how big a gap Duncan-Luck end up being.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

@Bobbythegreat, @Houstunna

WTF are you guys talking about!!! Seriously PM each other, this is the Texans Expectations thread FFS.

5. today

today Contributing Member

Still too early for me to think about the playoffs. Fitzy is sure to have a bad stretch sometime, I saw enough in pre-season to know that it will pop up again eventually.

If we can get up 4 games on the Colts, then I'll start to get excited...

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Feels good being atop our division for the first time in a while.

TEN and JAX obviously are not going to win this division, but the Colts aren't going to lose forever.

Like the poster above me said, let's hope we can keep our lead on the Colts.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Really? You require a 4 game lead before you start to get excited?

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Talking about Andrew Luck and if you don't think he's relevant to expectations of the Texans season, I can't help you.

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The Texans also started the season 2-0 last year.

Forster and Crushing were also healthy at that time.

Matt Schaub was not a total disaster yet and can still move the offense.

10. iSuperman

iSuperman Member

Expectations are higher than last year, mainly because we have a new coach, and the new coach is superb with handling our players, time outs, and etc.

Fitz has surprised me, but I want to see Mallet for a quarter each game, he will and should most likely surprise all of us that he's a starting caliber, high fire type of QB.

Time will tell.

Who agrees?

11. Win

Win Contributing Member

Well, actually expectations were way higher last year. SB even!

As much as it would be fun to see Mallet at least 1 quarter a game, so long as Fitz isn't dealing out turn overs, it won't happen. So yeah, I agree on everything else.

12. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I think the Colt's 0-2 start is a bigger confidence boostet

13. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Gotta get TE's more involved and no more Foster 28 carry games. Blue and Grimes are more than capable.

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I said 7,8 or 9 wins before the season, they could get to 10, but all depends on health of key players and Fitz not making too many mistakes.

15. iSuperman

iSuperman Member

Yeah, seems about right.

BUT, my kryptonian senses are notifying me that Mallet will be used a little this week.

Anyways, I really wish Clowney never got hurt. Honestly the only thing I was looking forward to this year was the Watt-Clowney-Cushing trio clobbering on defense...... and anything else positive that would happen would just be a mental burst of positive happiness and excitement.

I hope football Gods above are only making Clowney stronger from injuring him, thus enabling him to have an injury free career once he comes back in less than a month.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The only way I could see Mallett being used is either if Fitz gets hurt or if we are up a ton late in the 4th and he gets some garbage time snaps.

17. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Those were two shakey wins last year; the warts were already showing.

Watt forced an INT and other than a 41-yard scramble from Carr, the Raiders totaled 60 yards and 3.8 YPC. I'm going to have to assume you didn't watch the game and just saw stats?

The Patriot way is bend-don't break, force turnovers. The Texans have been ballhawkers these first two weeks, which is very encouraging.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This 2-0 definitely feels steadier and more sustainable than last year's miracle finishes to get to 2-0.

19. mario_v

mario_v Member

As some of you may know, I am not a Fitzpatrick at all. He was horrible all preseason and first game of the regular season. With that being said, he looked much better last week, making smart accurate passes.

As long as he is limited to about 20-22 pass attempts, he should be fine. Anything more than that is risking a huge INT. He is bound to have a bad string of games.

I still hope mallett gets a chance to start sometime soon.

20. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

So you're rooting for the Texans to go on an ugly Schaub-esk pick 6 type losing streak? Because barring injury that's the only way Mallett is getting a start sometime soon.