1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks Suspended

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htown11, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's hard to say. If AB comes out and makes a public apology to the team, Adelman, and the organization, he might be put right back in the rotation... until he's traded. I didn't think trading AB was a "slam dunk" to happen, but I do now.

2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Ay yi yi, just when the Rockets were starting to turn the corner again. We don't need this, but AB made a poor decision.

3. mrjuandiego1988

mental instability? wow! its called being mad dude! the dude was the mip last year and now is a bench warmer how do you want the guy to feel? that being said, i in no way condone this but it is certainly understandable! a fall from grace is b****! peace

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What's up with these seattle players? Did gary payton mentor them all :grin:

Tough situation...does he get another chance? Do you trade him now? Sign and trade this summer?

5. eman

eman Contributing Member

Never thought it would end this way. AB is one of my all-time favorite Rockets. Now he's really screwed the pooch. This antic will be more difficult to overcome than his poor post-ankle sprain play. I hope he'll learn and come back from this, smarter and stronger than ever.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The rockets are showing a pattern of treating their players like crap. Lowry didn't get anything until somone else decided to pay him. Sam with scola and the nets. It might be smart, but it probably doesn't build good will with players.

1 person likes this.
  7. htown11

htown11 Member

Ya lol I wouldn't go as far as to say "mental instability" the guy has reasons to be mad. Bad play, not in the starting lineup, a nagging injury, contract mysteries that involve his future... etc.

The thing that obviously stands out is the fact that he walked out on his team, it doesn't get much worse than that. Even if he was just "mad" take your temper tantrum into the locker room or to the coach AFTER the game.

Rockets held on and got a gritty W that AB could have at least cheered on, instead of being selfish and walking out as if he's the only one who matters. :(

8. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

What I can't help but think is what Morey is going to be telling other teams to convince them to take Aaron. "Hey, he won MIP last year, yeah, he's been worse than horrific this year, but a change of scenery can only do him good." That's probably the best he can come up with. The bad thing is, the other GM is probably going to come back with something about him pulling this stunt, which couldn't have done anything but lower his value. At this point, I think we'll be lucky to get a first round pick for him. I would be jumping with joy if we were able to get a possible lottery pick by taking on a bad contract, as long as it isn't too long, kind of like we did taking JJ last year.

Bottom line, we're going to be trading Aaron at his lowest point. I'm guessing we get a protected first round pick, which is probably more than we deserve for Aaron at this point.

Pugs

9. Mr Chuck Norris

Is Clutch going to make an article called.....

THE MEMPHIS GAME: The day Aaron Brooks QUIT on the Rockets...

Shoot he wasn't even injured

1 person likes this.
  10. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

He can start by shooting better than 36%. That's just pathetic.

11. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Not sure but unless there is a drastic change in his game and attitude he wont be back next year.

12. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Wow, this just makes me sad. I kept thinking surely there was something other than being mad and sulking going on there.

Sigh, Aaron I thought you were better than that.

13. ApuN

ApuN Member

His mental stability should be questioned.

AB is not an elite point guard and even though he won the mip award last year, he led the Rockets straight to the lottery

As a pro you dont act your shoe size in any case. He should up his game and give the coach a reason to start him.

He has been total garbage this year and the fact that he expects RA to excuse that shows that he is a head case

He doesnt have a right to be mad when he is playing so poorly

14. marky :)

marky :) Member

I can understand how he's frustrated right now but walking out on your team in the 4th quarter is really childish and unprofessional. I wouldn't be suprised if he doesn't get a lot of playing time anymore unless he apoligizes or something.

15. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

It is called professionalism. This is PRO-basketball and they get paid PRO rates. PROs are entitled to a night off or a slump here and there. However, if you do not bring results, it is the coaches duty to bring someone in that will. The goal is to win no matter who plays. As a PRO you should support that notion. If you can't, then you are mentally unstable.

16. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Aaron Brooks + Jordan Hill + Jeffries + future first round pick for Nash + Gortat

;)

17. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

yeah but i understand what juandiego is saying. you guys are acting brooks' could flip out at any moment, that he needs to be put in an asylum all because he got mad and left. it's called being human. you can criticize players all you want for not being "professional" enough as long as you understand that they're not robots and you don't start making out people to be monsters for making mistakes.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Can't believe this guy, who does he think he is?! Vince Young?!

#58 Uprising, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  19. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

20. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

I loved how AB threw that ball and got a technical but I guess it was just the "calm" before the storm. I never knew there was a Mad Max in AB, just wow.
    So reminiscent of 94-95 when Maxwell did not get his contract extension, was about to be replaced with Drexler and acted out.

The rockets organization is really getting infamous for the way they handle contract extensions and their players response.
    You have Maxwell, Kenny Smith (who was also on the verge of going nuts end 94 begin 95 when Rudy T started to go with Cassell at the end of games) and
    AB vs. Cato and the like who disappear after their contract extensions.

Too bad, I liked how an undersized PG and second round pick came in and proved all the fans wrong by showing how great he can be over the last two years. Now, I cannot see any GM really happy to get him though AB in a package might get us something.

I hope now with AB underperforming Adelman will start to give Terrence a chance or Ish - who needs to show he can be consistent. I don't see a chance in hell AB staying with the Rockets after this so who can we get for him. Weren't the Kings interested ? AB for Landry :p